Screwdriver for my tool roll...pt 2.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Screwdriver for my tool roll...pt 2.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 06:22 am:

I finally got some time with my newly acquired screwdriver (T-1902?). Turns out that you can feel the 8 flutes in the handle, even though it looks smooth. The shaft which looked wrong against the drawing, was actually twisted and straightened very easily (bottom of pic)

The story gets kind of weird now, because I decided to round up all the tools I had for the roll, and couldn't find any of the numerous T-1917 band wrenches! I went to the running board tool box on the van, and rummaged around for the one I knew was in there, and out came a screwdriver looking incredibly close to the 1902! (top of pic)

I guess I found it lying around the workshop years ago, and threw it in. Never realized it was there!! BTW, my workshop was fixing Model T's back in the early twenties, and interesting stuff shows up from time to time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 06:42 am:

Some other Ford tools I rounded up. The T-1387 adjustable wrenches that would suit my 1918 are the second and third from the left. Interesting the subtle difference.Fourth from the left is one made by McKinnon Industries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 06:49 am:

These must surely be the most common Model T tool remaining, but the three (in the middle) that would suit my '18 were hard to get.Second from the left is a TT. Note the one with the double hex end on it. It had no markings.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration