Hector went to Hooters

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Hector went to Hooters
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 11:33 am:

There is a monthly cruise in at the local Hooters, mostly street rods, so a T with a little dog in it was a big hit! Wife says I can't go back without adult supervision!!Hector went to Hooters

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 12:37 pm:

ok, so I need to drive the T dump truck to hooters so I can bring home more than 2!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 12:40 pm:

John, tell your wife that you went there for the excellent food....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 12:48 pm:

Dick, I'm not allowed to go inside. Even the parking lot brings on a disapproving frown! Mack, more than two? What a man!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 12:56 pm:

John: you have "Adult Supervision" what do you think the dog is for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 01:00 pm:

Same thing happened to me but I know it had to be the Hooters orange paint job on my truck....At least that's what I told my wife Pat...After looking at the pictures when I got home I felt bad because my daughter is older then they were....But I had a good time....Next time I'll drive the Model T and see if I get the same response.....Probably won't be a next time....Chet48 Studebaker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 01:38 pm:

Nice John. Did you tell your wife it's a Model T "coop"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 01:38 pm:

Chet

Missed you in Waverly this weekend but I understand. I have a 26 rear end if you need one until you get your Ruxtell put together. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 02:27 pm:

Gary, sent you a PM. Thanks for the offer. I would have liked to have gone and would have but Pat was in the Hospital and is still a little sick. Much better now than she was. Nothing major wrong, just needed some medical attention and Doctor's care at the Hospital. Hope to see ya'll soon. Chet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 07:19 pm:

John, that looked like Adult Supervision to me!!! Maybe a bit of a distraction, but heck, you weren't driving....wish we had a Hooters near here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Mathis, Van Buren, AR on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 09:08 pm:

John, the '25 has never looked better. Enjoyed seeing you and Hector at Natchitoches Saturday. Thanks for coming up to visit and see the T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Mathis, Van Buren, AR on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

Good picture for your profile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

There for a second I thought maybe Lance Sorenson's home town got a new restaurant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 10:47 pm:

:>)hehehehee!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 11:00 pm:

Those look like 22 rear ends to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 12:15 am:

They look like adults to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 12:18 am:

Wow, look at those Golden Arches in Chet's photo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 01:19 am:

And to think that I have been going to Hooters because I actually like the hot wings.... (There are some real hot wings that are not on the menu for those of you that have cast iron guts and don't break out in sweat when eating spicy food, Ask for the Bentley wings and hang on! YMMV

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 01:05 am:

Chester, nice Studebaker! M5 right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 04:11 pm:

Yes Tom, 1948 M5, with a Nova front, semi tubbed 9" ford pos rear, little 350 chevy engine around 325hp, 350 trans & shift kit, and then I went with power windows, door locks, steering, vintage air, tilt wheel etc. Its great and fun to drive but not quite as fast as it used to be...I changed to rear end to a road gear and removed the two fours to one. Gas was killing me....This truck was the center fold of Classic Truck magazine about 14 years ago. And used just for show for about 10 years and now just a driver. It's starting to show it's age now. Next year I hope to start re-doing it again. Thanks Chet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:07 pm:

My dad's high school mechanics teacher had a Studebaker that was a pretty sweet hot rod. He called it the "Stud"-ebaker. Lol, I always liked that and said I'd do the same thing if I ever had one.

Hey Chester, I do like your truck a lot, but what'd really put it over the top for me is if it had literally ANY engine other than a Chebby 350.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:28 pm:

Seth, I know the Study is way far from the subject of Model T's and I do apologize. I love my T and working on it is more interesting than any other car I have owned. And that's has been way more than I should have. I just put the stock rear end back in the T which included new Disc Brakes. My plans are to finish the building of my Ruckstell and install it soon as it's finished. I removed the old one to soon. Just couldn't wait to drive the T when warm weather hit, so I spent a couple days re-installing the old one. I can actually slide the rear tires now. And yes I know that can be dangerous being over confident. Not much rubber on the ground and with only back tires. But it fells so good to have brakes and Pat is no longer screaming at me for running yellow lights in town. I now stop...
But when I rebuild the Study I plan on putting a built 454 in it..I know it's still a Chebby...
Chet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:35 pm:

Chester, back in the early '70's, I put a built LS6 454 in my '55 Chevy. Be sure to hang on when you hit the loud pedal! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

Hey! Nothin' wrong with a big honkin 454! I just am tired of the same engine in every hotrod. Just makes no sense to me when it's such an individual expression, to have a belly button motor. No worried about the OT from me. I have a 351W that will get stroked out to 408 and supercharged/fuel injected for my one day '67 Mustang fastback.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:53 am:

You'd think a thread with this title would have more photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 11:19 am:

Shame on you Bob. That's what I was thinking. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 11:21 am:

If you insist:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 12:19 pm:

Sorry, but the young lady bending over to check out the engine compartment moved before I could get my mind back on my camera. All I got was a blurry photo of the inside of my left hand!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 12:57 pm:

Best thread yet....My 11 year old grandson love's to go to Hooters.....Or should I say loves to see "The Hooter's".....
Chet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 07:18 pm:

How's this?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration