OT - Advance Directive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Advance Directive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 01:51 pm:

All this talk of who you leave your T to is maybe not so important as an Advance Directive to state how you want to be treated at end of life. Wifey and I completed ours last week. For option, we just checked a box, rather than be specific.

I would like to capture the idea of the statement I saw on tv a couple of years ago. "When I can no longer recognize or communicate with my family..., then pull the plug."

Have you seen such a statement?

Half of you will have Alzheimer's by the time you are 85, so make your important decisions now.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 02:28 pm:

Good advice, Ralph. When Anja was first diagnosed (and before her first surgery, we each made a general power of attorney naming the other as attorney-in-fact with our daughter as alternate in each case, and an advance directive stating our wishes and naming the other as the person to make healthcare decisions, with our daughter as alternate. They both proved useful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 03:59 pm:

Ralph
Dick Lodge is exactly correct. The word "useful" doesn't even begin to describe the value of that planning when it is needed.
These documents should be prepared by and executed in the presence of competent elder law attorney to ensure it COMPLIES WITH ALL PERTINENT THE LAWS OF YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE.
Finding a Form on the internet and having your neighbor witness it is not good enough.
In my view this should be done long before any sign of serious illness.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 04:08 pm:

Ours was done by Hark Hervey, 3rd generation wills and trusts lawyer, who owns a 1917 Touring.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration