Found the reason for my wobble

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Found the reason for my wobble
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 04:31 pm:

wobbly right front wheel....

now how do I get the spindle arm off this spindle? Seems to be pretty stuck.

spindle

Thanks,

Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 06:57 pm:

What you see is likely not a bent spindle. That's how some of them came from the factory. Even if it were bent, it wouldn't cause wheel wobble. I'd look further.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

I agree. The axle doesn't turn so it's not the cause of the wobble. Most likely loose spokes or loose hub if you've eliminated the steering components.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 09:32 am:

Try swapping wheels from right to left. If the wheel wobbles on the opposite side,the problem is not the spindle unless you had two wobbly wheels. The problem is usually caused by the spokes being out of alignment and or the felloe bent.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration