Storm Damage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Storm Damage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 01:05 am:

I hope everyone in Ak and Al are OK?

Sounds like the start of another wild storm season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 08:55 am:

Missed Us again, thank goodness. It torn up west end of town and broke up before it got here. Have not heard from any other friends around here. Got to got check my other buildings. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 09:13 am:

Well we took a hit in Mississippi, several tornados hit around the state. The folks in Louisville & Tupelo took the brunt of the damage. I'm not sure what happen to the large antique car museum in Tupelo but as the crow flies, it was close to where the tornado hit. Pray for all the folks that have been affected

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 09:37 am:

God Bless all who were affected by these storms...they seem to be getting worse these past few years. Hardly ever heard of a half-mile wide tornado stay on the ground for 100 miles when I was younger...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 10:10 am:

Like Dan the closest was a mile or 2 away. No damage at my place up in Northern Alabama.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 10:15 am:

'Communication' today is instantaneous. (Imagine even this forum being available 30 years ago. Then there's Twitter, Instagram, etc., etc.) We only saw local tornado evidence, or knew of the 'sight-seeing rubber-neckers' after the tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 10:30 am:

John Z: How did Bill do? Did he have any damage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:02 am:

Gene I was confused for a minute AK is alaska AR would be for arkansas AK is more prone to earthquakes than wild weather.;) Just trying to keep them 4 A states straight AK AR AZ AL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:03 am:

Dan, Everything is good at Bill's. He says he didn't even get much rain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:09 am:

We missed out this time. Mayflower is about 45 minutes from us. The first front line was hitting Mayflower/Vilonia area, while the second front line was hitting us at Clinton Ark. We stay awake and watch all front lines as they pass thru, because of all our near misses. We had no damage in our area. It seems like the new "Tornado Ally" is in Arkansas now. We seem to have a "tornado track" near our house. We have had near misses 4 times in the last 10 years where they "tracked" about 1 mile from our house. All with extreame damage. All were EF2 to EF5 tornados. They are scary stuff. Our prayers to all the people affected by the tornados.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:14 am:

At least there are only four A states. We have eight... MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

Hey Thanks for the help there GRC,

I was caught up thinking of how terrible the people who suffered total losses must feel and how they continue to push on in the coming days dealing with the aftermath of the destruction. Hoping none of our forum friends were touched.

Growing up in NE Iowa we had only a few small twisters compared to what we see today. We thought we were scared back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 01:42 pm:

My son was waiting for a flight on Concourse C at the airport here on Good Friday three years ago when a tornado hit. It blew in the plate glass windows on the concourse and removed part of the roof. No one was injured, but he says it is the most frightening thing he has ever experienced.

https://www.google.com/#q=tornado+st+louis+airport

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 01:50 pm:

I feel for any one caught up in a disaster natural or otherwise I have been there after earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, and fires. It always seems to be the same people worried about their friends and neighbors even though they have endured much and lost much themselves. Until Katrina...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 02:10 pm:

It is always mentioned about "back then" there were not as many tornados. Maybe, maybe not. I feel like there are more "targets" to hit today. The vast majority of what has been hit in the last tornados was not even there before the 60s and early 70s. I-40 was not even there, back then. Very little was there before WW2. No one talked much about a corn field, rice field, or section of forest getting hit. We also see every storm damage in the USA almost as its happening today. Before the internet or TV. 90% of everyone in the USA would not even know a tornado went thru Ark. for at least a week and then it would just be a few articles in some newspaper. I feel as we build more and more "targets" it will only get worse. Its a terrible thing that has happened, and I pray for the victims. With urban sprawl and more people I only see it getting worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 06:34 pm:

We also had a lot of damage in Oklahoma.....It took part of our buildings out....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 07:49 pm:

By the way, a side note on the St Louis airport story that I posted above. The airport here is always full of soldiers in uniform on their way either to or from Fort Leonard Wood. Matthew told me that, when the tornado hit, the uniformed military pretty much automatically stepped up, took charge and began organizing people to move to safety. I'm not really surprised, of course...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:02 am:

i always notice when traveling thru tornado ally, the old farms all have a storm cellar in the yard, and the new homes dont. people forgot? in 1965 tornados went thru where i grew up, 10 years old at the time, our house was missed, but many near by were not so lucky. they closed it off to the public, and the national guard was there for months during the clean up. people near the lake said the water was gone, you could see the bottom!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration