Wooden fuel gauge

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Wooden fuel gauge
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 08:08 am:

I found this wooden fuel gauge in the compartment under the front seat of my 1914 Touring I just bought. I've seen the flat kind but never one like this. Did Ford include a fuel gauge with his cars, or is this a dealer supplied item?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 10:11 am:

Ford didn't include a 'dip stick', these are aftermarket, or the dealer gave one to the new owner.

The one you have is homemade, like many, back in the '60's I made the b/w painted one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 10:56 am:

I found a dozen of them in my collection. Gave out many, and was able to gauge it in a tour last weekend. Nest stuff

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration