For the clowns in our group.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: For the clowns in our group.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 08:29 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Circus-Wagon-Model-T-Ford-Circus-Wagon-/151 290203447?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2339994d37&item=151290203447&pt=US_Cars_Truck s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 08:49 am:

Why would someone do that to a vintage car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 08:51 am:

Is there a calliope for sale somewhere?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 08:57 am:

That is a great deal of work. I would like to know what inspired them to do all that work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 09:06 am:

Another example of WHY! It is a nice job done to the car but it is a one use only car. Parades and that's about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 09:13 am:

I was not going to read this post because I do not consider myself to be a clown, but ------ :-) :-)

Interesting vehicle
Most likely assembled from parts - brass, 1922 motor, etc.
It certainly would get a lot of attention and could be fun
I wonder what the reserve is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 09:39 am:

Good Lord!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 10:00 am:

I see a cool thing! and it saved more scrap parts from the recyclers!!!charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 10:09 am:

!Most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life! :-)

Circus T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:12 am:

So it only comes out once a year for a parade! How many cars never even come out for even one day? Just think of the joy and smiles for that one day it brings to the crowds. Not my style but a lot of work went into it so I give it a thumbs up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:21 am:

Thumbs up too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:37 am:

Yep, pretty neat, I'd say. Obviously not for touring, but for circus and parade use it's just the thing. I like the passenger, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 12:26 pm:

That Model T reminds me of Vehicles in India and Pakistan. Neat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 08:50 pm:

As a former member of the World Clown Association, I give this one a thumbs up. I could tour with this car and have fun doing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:57 am:

For people addicted to instagram. Draw even more attention and drive it every day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 07:43 am:

What the heck !? I put a bid in. After 40 years of my wife putting up with me, what will her face look like when She sees (if She sees) this parked in the garage when She comes home from work !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:47 am:

Isn't that rich?

My what a a pair ...

Me here in Missouri on the interweb

A Model T on clownbay ...

Where are the clowns?

Isn't it bliss?

Don't you approve?

Me who keeps tearing around ....

Hauling Model T's that can't move

Where are the clowns?

There ought to be clowns .....

Just when I'd stopped opening trailer doors

Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours

Making my entrance again with my usual flair

Sure of my lines but, no one is there .....

Don't you love farce ?

My fault, I fear .....

I thought that you'd want what I want ....

Sorry, that's weird .....

But where are the clowns ?

Send in the clowns ....

Am I not rich ?

Don't think I'm queer .....

Losing my mental faculties ...

This late in my career ...

But where are the clowns ?

There ought to be clowns ...

Don't bother, they're here .... :-)

BTW - I need a haul outta Northeast Texas .... :-)

Well, maybe next year ..... :-)

Jimmy Collins

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:15 am:

From New Hampshire. Is it a clown car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:48 pm:

Herb - Are you certain that is from NH?
Looks like something you would find in Maine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:58 pm:

Jim, Sondheim would be proud. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 01:23 pm:

Did somebody say calliope?

t01

t02

t03

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Solak on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 01:35 pm:

This could have been a T guy who was also a clown for hire at kids events, etc. Would be a great way to pull up to a kids birthday party he was working. Or to park out front of an event he was hired to work at.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 04:34 pm:

The Fawcett family up here in Canada has a Clown car. It was a black touring...I'm not sure what year it was. The front wheels were set off centre, the body had hydraulics to make it move up and down, but the funniest part of it were the rubber running boards. When you stepped on them, they went right to the ground! The late Ron Fawcett would attend local stunt car driving shows that ran with the county fairs around Ontario. He would provide comic relief between the stunts, dressed as a clown. I remember seeing this as a little kid, and later in life it, as a teenager, this car would be my first ride in a model T :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration