OT Picture: wonder if this one is still around?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT Picture: wonder if this one is still around?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 09:30 am:

This photo was just printed in our local paper. Caption says the boys were having fun in their $25 "Model T Touring car" in 1946 on a farm east of Carney, Michigan. Interesting custom body work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 09:36 am:

Chopped off center door?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 10:28 am:

Rare 2-door Model T phaeton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:46 am:

A cut off 1923 Center door sedan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 01:04 am:

Wonder if i should make one like that? It would be unique.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 07:31 am:

That's the one they should call a "Tourabout". A cross between a Touring and a Runabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:37 am:

A lot of closed cars met this fate after the tops leaked. As many as I have seen in Michigan, I wonder how many more were cut off in warmer states?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:31 am:

I am "Phaeton Stupid".

What's a phaeton body look like?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:51 am:

John, What was called a Touring in the Model T era was called a phaeton in the Model A/V8 era. It's like runabout/roadster :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:09 am:

i was at a gas station in my A one time and an old farmer was looking over my car. he told me they used to buy them for 10 bucks or so, and cut the roof off so you could fill the inside with hay and drive it out to the cows. he said they were really happy when they got a touring or phaeton so no work to chop off the top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:57 am:

Got it. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:45 pm:

That's why they were called the universal car, and we have so many parts still out there.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 02:49 pm:

A few years back a gentleman whom I gave a 'T' ride told me that he and his buddies did that after they rolled the car. It was also a 23. He said it was a real draw for the girls!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 04:25 pm:

Lots of reasons for doing that. In the '70s, I saw a Ford Gran Torino Convertible. I knew they never made them and asked the owner about it. He said he was going to scrap the car in a week so, he cut the roof off with a torch just so he could have some fun with it. It started raining at that very moment and he took off in a panic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:55 pm:

I'd've thought he took off in a Torino...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration