'26 Coupe trunk lid latch...help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: '26 Coupe trunk lid latch...help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 10:41 am:

The coupe i'm currently restoring doesn't have the trunk lid latch. It does have the key lock but I need to know what belongs on the body side of things. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 06:30 pm:

I think it locks to the edge of the rear lower panel ..I see nothing more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 06:32 pm:

the one I sent you is a 26 coupe ,don't know your year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 06:39 pm:

Thanks Lorenzo, it is exactly the same body. The coupe I'm working on has had the rear panel replaced and I tend to believe it is set to low to make the latch usable. Your picture is very much appreciated. Thank you! dbooth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:07 am:

Hi Dan, the pic above is from my restoration before I added a strike plate. I too used a new rear panel and found it to be too low as well for latching purposes. I fabbed plate that worked after some fitting.
Here are some pics:

TT

TT

TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 04:17 am:

Wayne, thanks for responding. That is what I wanted to see and hear. I was trying to figure out how to go about getting the trunk to lock and you just answered my questions. Thank you very much! That is a nice clean looking way to do it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration