What I found in my Pasture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What I found in my Pasture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:15 pm:

Started the TT after the shakedown tour, up and just a slight cold knock in the front of the engine , nothing new, warmed up and went away. Took it for a nice warm night drive tonight. No engine noise, all the pedels not sticking anymore the lo- hi ran better than ever and I drove it better more likey the Tour did both of us good. Had to pull into my Lower pasture at sundown to get a picture and drive around off -road a bit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:21 pm:

Having trouble with upload. Image from iPhone later folks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:22 am:

Steve...follow the instructions for uploading pics from iPhone on this link:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/307705.html

Hope that helps...
W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:26 am:

I had a pair of wild turkeys down front. This is the best image of the group. I tried to enhance it but this is about it. This shows one of them.

Wild Turkey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:50 pm:

Ken - I though wild turkeys came in a bottle..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 02:05 pm:

Fred, you're talking about the concentrated form of wild turkey. Much easier to ship that way. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

Only Jack Daniels would know that Wild Turkey came in a bottle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 03:42 pm:

Maybe they were the same ones that visited our yard here in California? The dog was curious until she got gobbled at, then she ran back in the house.
aa
b

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 04:08 pm:

This was taken in my yard in northern NY, Dec 31, 2013, Not a partridge in a pear tree, but turkeys in a crab apple tree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 04:11 pm:

Here's a PBS Nature film about a guy who raised a flock of wild turkeys from eggs and essentially becomes one of the flock.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/my-life-as-a-turkey/full-episode/7378/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 05:25 pm:

Got some wild turkeys around here. Come into yard every so often. People with small dogs: Do not let your dogs out when the turkeys are around. Turkeys have been known to kill small dogs and will go after larger ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 05:34 pm:

Get rid of them while you can. Big birds = big bird poop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 05:35 pm:

"As God as my witness, I swear that I thought that turkeys could fly!"

gordon_jump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 05:41 pm:

I remember that was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 06:06 pm:

You guys better stop posting pictures of big birds in your yards. If the bird lovers see them they will declare your property a "protected habitat." Here in Califunny if a bird lands in a puddle and someone sees it, the land becomes a "protected wetlands."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 06:44 pm:

Here's what I found in my pasture.

You knew it was only a matter of time before someone posted this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 07:00 pm:

Dennis, I would not wish to meet the turkey that produced that pile. I only hope he was standing on the ground at the moment of production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 07:03 pm:

Dennis--you found my missing hat, please send it back. I once lost my chewing gum in a chicken coop and thought I found it at least a dozen times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 07:04 pm:

Mark

OK Fine!

That was a great show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:19 pm:

Turkey are a dime a dozen around here. I have had to wait on deer to cross in order to get up my driveway. My wife works from home. Her desk faces a window. She has seen deer, owls, hawks, rabbits, and the other day, two raccoons "Wrestling". I told her they weren't "wrestling."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:39 pm:

When we were at Denali in Alaska all the people in the funny hat's told us there was this scat and that scat but it all looked like shit to me! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:40 pm:

These were in my front yard at 7:30 last Sunday morning. I haven't seen any turkeys yet this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:08 pm:

It's amazing how the wildlife has rebounded in the US. Wild turkeys were almost extinct 60 years ago, or so they told us in school. Now they number in the millions. I've heard of turkeys chasing bobcats here in Calif.

Rivers that were dead from raw sewage and industrial pollution are now cleaner and support life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:24 pm:

This is my oldest Grandson this year at 12 years old,his fourth turkey. He shot his first turkey at the age of 8.
tu

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:29 pm:

These come around from time to time.
Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:29 pm:

Turkey season started here April 15 and I have yet to set one foot into the turkey woods. Soon I will and I hope I have as much success as Dean's Grandson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

Tim, I always wondered where our chickens got all the chewing gum? Not the brand I would buy........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:55 pm:

While planning a 1 and 2 cylinder tour a couple of years ago near Cle Elum Wa on a back road we saw a hand painted sign.

It said Turkey Crossing, 3-4 pm daily. Now I was not aware that turkeys could tell time. We decided to get back to that spot by 3 pm. We were a bit early and there were 10-15 Turkeys laying in the grass alongside the road. Around 3:20 one Turkey got up fluffed his feathers gobbled a bit and then the others followed. Soon all of the Turkeys crossed the road and down into another farmers field. Being a city boy all I could do was scratch my head and watch. The closest I had ever been to a live turkey was at a petting zoo.

Some year back wild turkeys had all but disappeared from Washington State. The State reintroduced wild turkeys and they have since flourished.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

Deer did a number on my evergreens around the house this winter. Cleaned off the green ends about 3-5 feet up from the ground. It may be because of the snow, ice sheet, more snow, and a second layer of ice keeping them from some of their forage. Will try to get a picture tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:38 pm:

Little side story on deer antlers. Several years ago we were having a discussion on deer "horns" at work. I explained that deer have antlers not horns and that the buck dropped his antlers in late winter and grew a new set each year. Some found this hard to believe and asked why you don't see more antlers laying around in the woods. When I said "because the porky pines eat them" they thought I really was pulling some legs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:51 pm:

Just now took this photo. This guy comes through every evening from the river with his harem of hens and they all hop over our roof to roost in the trees behind us for the evening. Over the last 5 or 6 years these guys have started to almost out numbering the red tail squirrels here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:52 pm:

Gary,
I've read that deer antlers constitute the fastest growing bone tissue in all animals. Not hard to believe when you consider that the biggest bull elk or the biggest bull moose you'll ever see has antlers that grew from nothing in just a few months, only to be shed and grown again (usually bigger) the next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:55 pm:

This is close to my cousins land in Nebraska. They all Ran When Parked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:01 pm:

Mark, So do old car guys show up there every solstice? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:15 pm:

how did this end up with Turkeys i have no clue , the forum went ANIMAL HOUSE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:26 pm:

I kept waiting for your picture of what you found in your pasture. I assumed it was an animal. Don't blame me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:30 pm:

I gave up on figuring out the up load even the example won't work not worth my time since this site went Animal house. Wish I could remove delete the subject

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:33 pm:

Email it to me. I'll post it. Of course, it might throw this tread off topic. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:42 pm:

Ok, I'll see it tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:51 pm:

Here's what I found in my pasture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 01:33 am:

This is what I find in my pasture (if I had a pasture). Normally found out front of my house at night or as I hit them with my train! 😝

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 01:58 am:

Jay, Here is a picture of Druid Member Henry Ford getting ready to head off to the Summer Solstice Celebration at the Sacred Temple of Gasoline Powered Automobiles in 1919.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 07:46 am:

Other animals eat antlers also. I'm guessing a mouse or chipmunk or squirrel chewed on this (formerly) nice little 8 point that I had hanging on a tree in the back yard. We don't have porcupines here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:21 am:

Paul, I guess you have one of those fancy "Catchers" on the front of your car as they can do a lot of damage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:41 am:

You're not alone. In my urban setting we have wild turkey hoards running around too. I know deer are out there because flower tops disappear occasionally. Nipped off at the same height almost like it was supposed to be that way. My wife's uncle complained to me a few years ago: "those bushes you planted out front for me aren't growing". The deer were eating them. They almost looked professionally pruned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 02:28 pm:

Steve Elliott meant to post a picture of his T in the pasture but since this thread turned to more "down on the farm" he sent this one instead. It appears to me to be a T rear-end converted to a post hole digger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 04:58 pm:

in minnesota we never had coyotes until the dnr reintroduced the turkeys. now, i hear them howling every night but never see them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 10:05 am:

Any more ideas. ? What type of Smart Turkey would build something like this.? Wonder how many Gobble years ago? I thought could have been a auxiliary drive off the T Tractor?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration