1913-14 roadster-Photo good details

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1913-14 roadster-Photo good details
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:09 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:49 am:

Beautiful. Looks like the windshield folds forward. That should make it a 1913. It's got to be brand new.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:57 am:

Excellent photo.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:03 am:

Great photo - notice the speedo cable just hanging down !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:49 am:

Thanks for posting. You don't see them that good very often. I agree with Steve, that cable needs some support! That car is so new, he probably hasn't even had a flat yet! The striping on the wheels is great, with the double felloe stripe, and the dots on the hub bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:13 am:

Great picture,made across the street from the dealer? Note that radius rod has not been secured to the pan. Speedometer as pointed out earlier has not been supported. Thanks so much for posting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:15 am:

Great observation Warren! Look at the angle on the front axle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:17 am:

It doesn't appear to have the tailight installed yet either, and what about the horn tubing and bulb? I keep trying to tell myself it's there, but I don't think it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 11:23 am:

the trunk has the bead on the bottom edge as in 14 ,must be late 13.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:22 pm:

Victor headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:39 pm:

Turtle deck bead on 13, good observation. Never seen 13 deck with this. It has been 30 years since I restored mine and I think that the 14 and later style deck is different to the point it won't fit. How about that Larry?
It would be interesting as to the history of this car and location.
Once again,great post!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 01:03 pm:

It does not appear the speedometer pinion gear is engaged with the road gear, but the angle of the swivel and cable is the best way to run a speedo since there are no sharp bends in the cable. The way the cable is hanging, I'm wondering if the cable is attached to the head or if the cable ferrule is resting on the floorboard?? NICE PHOTO!!
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 05:11 pm:

Also no striping on the body, but wheels still pinstriped. Great photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:12 pm:

David, I thought that too at first. Look again, there appears to be one just below the top bows, although I could be wrong. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:17 pm:

Isn't the bottom of the door Square?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:05 pm:

Yes,it is Square.It's a 13

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 01:26 am:

The car has to be AFTER 5/6/13. The bottom edge of the dash molding normally is totally flush and flat across but beginning on that date they put a 3/16 x 3/16 bevel on both the front and rear edge of the dash and molding to prevent it from scraping on the fender. If you look you can notice that the molding appears somewhat rounded at the very bottom which is what this pair of front and rear bevels look like at a distance. Normally it would be very easy to see the rear edge for sure and it would be square cut at a perfect right angle to the front and rear dash surfaces if built before that date. Now the change of 5/6/13 could not have made it to the car in a few minutes and typical delay from drawing change to on-the-car appearance of some change in the dash would likely be at least 30-90 days or more. I make it a fairly late '13 as others have surmised. Officially Ford began the model year on October 1 so it would be a 1914 if shipped on or after that date regardless of what it looked like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 03:27 am:

No pinstripes except the spokes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 09:15 am:

John may be correct as to later 13. Also of note is that the door latch does not appear to be coming through the top of the door as earlier. 14 style latch?
Not mentioned Mixed lamps: E&J side, Cocoran or Victor head lamps. windshield hinge plates are brass on both inside and out. Early teacup pan.
Did dealer install striped wheels from inventory not from auto shipment,
Larry please comment on turtle deck bead and whether or not a 14 turtle deck would fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:41 am:

I can't comment on the fit of the turtle deck, since I've never tried it. BTW, where did the term turtle deck come from anyway???? You can't see the door handle, because the guy has his hand on it, but if you look closely, you can see part of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 11:01 am:

Larry his whole arm is on the steering wheel only his hand hangs off. Don't know where turtle deck term came from. This is a most interesting photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 03:44 pm:

his arm wont reach the handle from the steering wheel. but I see the the handle in the shadows between his fingers ,I think ,charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 03:54 pm:

Is the bulb for the horn mounted on the steering column?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 04:41 pm:

What appears to be the space between his long and ring fingers is actually the vertical door handle, which is obscuring the actual space. It is not parallel to the spaces between the other fingers.

I think the horn bulb is attached to the body as it should be and the steering column is on the same angle and partially obscuring it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 05:48 pm:

Charles, you are correct. I see it now. What about the turtle deck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 07:19 pm:

The rear luggage compartment is called a turtle for the same reason a transmission cover is called a hogshead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 11:25 am:

We have a turtle deck, and a hogshead. Have I missed anything? Still, that is one fantastic photo. Another point of interest, the Benson Ford Archives has NO original '13 runabout photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 11:28 am:

Is there someone out there that can zero in on those brass valve covers? I would like to know if the felloe nut is round or hex.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 11:45 am:

Here you go, hard to tell...

wheel01

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration