Old Photo - Pullin The Pumpkin Roadside Repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Pullin The Pumpkin Roadside Repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:24 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:31 pm:

Helps if you carry a complete tool kit, I don't see were they have the car jacked up but it don't look safe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Five panel body? One man top? Slanted windshield?
Nice top boot!
Great photo!
Thank you, Jay!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 01:53 pm:

Their hands & arms aren't very dirty for doing that kind of work. I wonder if that lantern near his right foot meant they started in the dark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 04:00 pm:

I suspect it's a posed recent photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 04:19 pm:

Looks posed with the signs, but not recent.. Maybe a period photo from a movie set?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 04:50 pm:

Those big 6x6 posts are stuck firm in the ground, seems like the ropes around the foreground post are strapped up under the chassis, and the car is hanging by those ropes as the fellows remove the axle housing, only one side, to fix ring gear stripped, or a busted axle on the drivers side.

Passenger side wheel is on the ground. Flashlight hanging between the rear fender and body over the ground worker to view under the car.

Sure like the paint lettered clincher tire forming the round sign for towing, run thru with a metal stake! :-)

Super fun photo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 05:16 pm:

Looks like they have an additional stop or tail light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 05:18 pm:

Lantern is interesting. Looks like a Coleman except it appears to have six window panels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:47 pm:

I believe it is a 1917-1920 car that had the windshield and top replaced with a one man top and the slanted windshield. That should be a bolt on change. And of course is 1917-1918 then also converted to demountables. See photo below for rationale.

The three piece rear tub came out during 1921 for USA cars and long before the 1923 models were introduced. Note the Canadian cars had the slant windshield earlier -- but I don't think it is a Canadian car, as I do not see a door hinge/door on the left front.

Great photo. Anyone know what year or state etc. the license tag is?

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 10:23 pm:

The plate looks like a 23 or 25 California plate.
http://www.oldplateguy.com/YOM-Information-for-1920-to-1928-California-Vehicles. html
The year does look more like a "23" in the photo but the 25 had the same design and the lighter background and darker letters would indicate a 25.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 07:12 am:

Thanks Jim. If someone drove under something and destroyed the windshield and top -- replacing it with the new style in 1924 or 25 would give you a "new Ford."

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration