1913 KW Coil Box questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1913 KW Coil Box questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 07:44 pm:

I've got a 1913 KW coil box that I want to return to its original configuration in order to use the unique early 1913 only KW coils. I've collected six of the coils, and had 5 of them restored by RV Anderson.

The coil box was modified by someone in prior years to use the typical late 1913 - 1927 Model T coils. Whoever did this relocated the contacts by drilling new holes on the firewall side, then slotted the insulator holes in the firewall. On the bottom contact they installed a standard T copper spring strip.

My problem, the original spring contacts are missing. Worse, I don't have any dea what they should look like. Anyone know? If so some pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I have now, with the false bottom removed:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 07:53 pm:

Royce, I make these contacts, both the conical wound spring type for the bottom and the bronze terminal contacts. PM me if you'd like a set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hallett on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 08:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:53 am:

The photos above are a '13 Heinze. Royce, I have several '13 coilboxes. I'll be glad to help you in any way I can, but don't have much in spare parts, but I'll look if you want. I recently obtained a pretty nice original box with three coils at a swap meet, but it was missing most of the hardware and switch. It took me about a week, but I was able to make it complete, and it now lives on my '13 runabout. Fun project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 05:22 pm:

It is indeed a '13 Heinze, but the same contact spring in the bottom was used in all early T boxes except the J-B.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration