My kids and Ts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: My kids and Ts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 02:05 am:

My eldest came up to me on Sunday and commented that If I die before I finish my speedster she'll finish it. She's 11. While it unnerves me that she plans ahead like that (I'm only 38 and not *that* accident prone) I appreciated the sentiment. I asked her why she'd finish it and she said that I would want it completed, and she wants to drive it. Shoot, she gets irritated when I work on it without her. Louisa has even gone so far as to ask to take her road test in it when the time comes. I wonder if that would even be allowed! The 7 YO just wants to ride in it, and paint it. So there is hope that the hobby will live on.
cheers,
chriso

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 04:07 am:

The next generation.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 07:05 am:

Kids are a great investment in the future!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 08:41 am:

She wouldn't be the first to take the driving test in a T. Why not? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 07:31 pm:

I took my driving test in December 1965 in Rochester, N.Y. in a blinding snowstorm in a....wait for it...1959 VW Combi bus that was my parents. When the police man got in, he looked at me, said "can u really drive this?". I said "sure!". He said, "bring me back safely and you pass!" I had a ball and he was white knuckled 'til it was over. Not a Model T, but worth telling anyway!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 07:41 pm:

We had an old guy in our T club that had his license pulled due to an illness.
When he recovered he took his test in a '22 T coupe. He passed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 02:20 am:

In 1968, my parents ordered a new (the only new car they ever bought) station wagon. While waiting the few weeks for the special orders, and one week before I was due to take my test, the '59 station wagon that was planned for me to use was hit hard and totaled (my mother was fine, and it was totally not her fault). So I took my test in my dad's old '51 Chev 3/4 ton pickup with the badly burned-out clutch. The examiner read my dad the proverbial riot act about allowing me to drive such a poorly running vehicle, but praised my ability to handle the obviously ruined clutch. I passed easily. But then I had been "driving" tractors on my grandparent's ranch since I was six. And they had a clutch with a three speed plus an overdrive (and a hand throttle). So I had a lot of experience already.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration