Help- Front spring U-Bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Help- Front spring U-Bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Rinaldo on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 07:56 am:

I am in the process of redoing the front end on my "T" and the U-Bolts for the front spring are in real bad shape. I would like to replace them ones in good condition. If you have pair that you would like to sell please e-mail me at s.b.rinaldo@att.net or call me in Atlanta at 770 578 0251. Speedway has a kit for "T" -1934, has any one used this setup or have any options? Thanks, Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 08:36 am:

If you mean #3808 shown here, I may have some. I don't understand that last part. 1934?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 09:52 am:

there are lots of vendors for model t parts, but speedway is not really one of them unless you are building a hot rod. either way, a u bolt should be easy to find. 2 different types, what year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 03:58 pm:

They come up on ebay every so often too. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Rinaldo on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 05:26 pm:

The part I'm looking for is 3808. The speedway part description states the kit fits model t through 1934 ford. Thanks, Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Hoffman (admin) on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 08:25 pm:

Speedway's part is not what you need. If your T is 1920 and older this is used to hold the front of the pan and the spring in the front cross member. If you need the clip on the spring you will need two, each a little different for the taper left spring and the later blunt cut spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 11:00 pm:

Outside of basic nuts and bolts (and maybe a cotter pin or two), NOTHING properly fits both a model T and a '34 Ford. One size fits all fits none!
They must sell mostly to hotrods and don't know the difference.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 11:21 pm:

Steve,
Go to the MTFCA home page and click on the block labeled "Parts Suppliers". In addition to the new parts, some of them carry some used and new old stock T parts. For your location, orders from Smith and Jones in Columbia, SC will be at your house the next day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 11:59 pm:

I only have two and they're not very good. I don't like the threads. If you need any rears, I can probably help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 12:11 am:

The Speedway stuff is for T-Buckets and hot rods. It is designed to work with their crossmembers or be modified to fit your hot rod. Very little of their stuff is for an original T or A or ???. They have good stuff if you are a hot rodder, but no good for restoration work. What year is your T. There are 2 types. One with 2 U-bolts and one with a single U-bolt front motor mount combo.? I assume you need the 2 U-bolt type from your question but it may be the wrong one to be correct for your year of car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Rinaldo on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 08:28 am:

Thanks for the response. I'll keep checking around, Ebay, Ford Barn Etc. I'm sue some will turn up. Steve

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration