Please Help Identify Brass Headlamp

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Please Help Identify Brass Headlamp
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nik Martin on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 12:42 pm:

Hello. I posted this on the aaca forum, but have't gotten any info yet. I was wondering if anyone could identify what year and model of automobile this headlamp is for (if any). From what I gather, Corcoran began producing automobile headlamps in 1905. This is similar to one that I've seen identified for Buicks, but this one is longer. I don't believe the Ford Model T used Corcoran lamps until 1914, at which time they were steel with brass trim. Overall length is 8 1/4 inches, outside diameter of the door is 7 1/2 inches, and fork width center to center is approximately 7 1/8 inches. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 06:22 pm:

Style looks to be 09-10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin klein on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

My guess would be 1908 to 1910 and likely Buick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

1910-11buick. Buick had several model at that time and consquently used several sizes of lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 09:51 pm:

Sent you a pm
dale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nik Martin on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 02:52 pm:

Thanks to all! You're a wealth of information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

Nik, Looking at the pictures some more it appears that there isvery little flare on the front of the light which leads me to say 1910 model 10 buick. Iave owned several 1908 to 1911 Buicks so am familier with them.
Dale

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration