OT - Which other pre-WW2 cars are new parts readily available?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Which other pre-WW2 cars are new parts readily available?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 02:47 pm:

Apart from the Model T, Model A and WW2 Willys jeeps, are there any other cars that have a large variety of new parts still being made?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 05:12 pm:

Ford v8s to 32-53 and selected Packard parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 05:37 pm:

Chevy. The Filling Station catalog has many prewar Chevy parts. WWW.Fillingstation.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 05:56 pm:

Mopar. It's not like the abundance we're used to with Model T's, of course, but there is some new stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Egan on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 06:01 pm:

EVERY part is made for 1920's vintage Bentleys from complete chassis, crankcases, front and rear axles, gear boxes, there is no part not reproduced, the same applies to Type 35 Bugattis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 06:18 pm:

That's very interesting David. Is there really that much of a market for vintage upper end car parts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 08:44 pm:

You can buy a completely reproduced pre - teens Stanley steam car. Every part is available.

Probably the most practical pre - 1910 car to restore and drive is a curved dash Oldsmobile. They were the most produced car in the United States prior to the introduction of the Model T Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Egan on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 09:42 pm:

Henry , absolutely there is a market for parts for these cars, also added should be Alfa Romeo sports cars from the early 30's attached link for one Bentley part supplier, there are many more out there http://www.vintagebentleyparts.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 11:13 pm:

I know you said "cars" but the Cushman scooter has almost everything being reproduced. They are pre WW2 as well as later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 03:15 am:

Prices and quality of available Bugatti and Bentley parts certainly differs from Model T parts..

Besides Cushman, for both HD and Indian most parts are available, for 101 scouts about everything except crank cases last time I looked - through expensive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 08:24 am:

Since I saw Cushmans mentioned I thought I would post a picture. These are model 53A Cushmans. My fathers is the red one and mine is the blue one I restored.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 09:27 am:

Overall old Ford cars and trucks have the most parts available. Chev's and Mopars are getting close though.

I believe Dennis Carpenter reproduces a complete 40 Ford Coupe body less chassis.

Old Ford tractors and parts are readily available also.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration