Diamond Tire Patch Kit, Brass era

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Diamond Tire Patch Kit, Brass era
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 03:11 pm:

In the September-October issue of Model T Times there is an article by Steve and Kathey Farley whose 1911 Touring won the Stynoski that year. Within the article Steve mentions that the hardest item to find was ‘the Diamond Tire Patch Kit that came with every car that sported Diamond Tires.’

Is that correct , did the kit come with cars that had Diamond tires. And if so , is this the kit box?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 07:33 pm:

I think that is the kit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 07:48 pm:

The build sheet for my '10 indicates that it came with Diamond tires and 2 Diamond tire irons but no mention of a Diamond patch kit. The patch kit must be a very rare item but the irons were not too easy to find either!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 09:47 am:

I think you have a rare piece there but I wonder where that Stynoski owner found that the kit came with each car with Diamond tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Owen on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 10:44 am:

Here is a shot of the diamond kit with patch kit & irons that came with my '10.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 10:54 am:

Wow nice Mitch, so there is a smaller tin within the larger kit box...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 10:57 am:

I've seen three styles of Diamond tire irons. The one pictured above with the bump, and one just like it without the bump, and a short one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 07:26 pm:

That is cool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Owen on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 05:14 pm:

I was digging through some more stuff and found this. Diamond talc canister. Probably came with the kit I have. Still had some talc in it too!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration