1925 block with rear bolts for hogs head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1925 block with rear bolts for hogs head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 06:19 pm:

Been tearing down an engine I thought was a 26 27 checked the serial numbers 12235814 that makes it August 6 1925 if I read right.
The crank has a very large Ford logo none of the rest of my cranks have that.
Now to see if the wide brake drum has only one bushing. Book says that was August 8 1925.
The hogs head has the deflection fin for oiling the transmission.
Interesting stuff!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 07:24 pm:

quote:

JUL 27 Engine production records, Ford Archives
Last old style engine (12,218,728) built at 5:51 P.M. and new (1926) type engines began on the third shift.

I take this to mean 26 production started on July 27 (3rd shift) or after midnight being July 28.

I have a late 25 Touring with engine 120xxxxx (I don't have the number in front of me) that as I recall has the cast-in deflector. There's a few other items that are noted for 26 that started appearing on late 25s. These are ones on mine.
2-rivet brake quadrant.
26 style side curtain rods.
26 style top rear window.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 08:42 pm:

The hogshead deflection rib was added mid year 1924. Advertising for the improved 1926 model started at the end of August 1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:43 pm:

Late August is when the 26 was released for sales and advertising. They had to be built before that. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration