I Had Help Today?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: I Had Help Today?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

I assembled the chassis today with the boy (grandson). The boy was very determined in his work, fought off any help. I finally had to help him lift the engine with the chain falls (under protest), as he just didn't weigh enough to get it very far off the floor. Not bad as he won't be 3 until July. We did get it assembled.
Last picture are the wheels and hubs before being sent off to Noah Stutzman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

Those are great pictures. He is really determined to help especially in the 4th photograph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:00 pm:

The T may be fun but the grandson is what it all about !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:14 pm:

Nice knee knocker protection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:16 pm:

What a blast. Handsome little devil too. Love the look on his face in the chain fall shot (#4). "I got it. I got it. I don't got it".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:17 pm:

I understand the question mark in the title too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:21 pm:

Nice knee knocker protection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:49 pm:

A multitude of child labor laws being broken. He is lucky, most kids never get a chance to learn how to work:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 11:04 pm:

Dan: looking at the Ruckstell shifter lever position sure looks out of place. It might be worth checking out as mine does not point to the rear. To me it would mean an extra long shift rod and a a major bend to make it fit. Just my thoughts. In rest position it is paralell to the axle tubes

bill D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 01:05 am:

Too cute!!!

You've got a keeper there.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 06:29 am:

Bill, The Ruckstell shift lever is out of place. I don't know how I didn't catch this when I was putting it together, as I've assembled a few others. I didn't notice this until I slipped it under the frame. I'll have to blame it on the boy, as he distracted me as I was putting it together (It's always good to have a scapegoat to cover your own stupidity).
Gary, The knee knocker protection will work good but as soon as the boy saw it when he walked into the garage he when over and started taking them off. He was telling me they don't belong on the Model T. I had to explain why, then he was okay with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 06:43 am:

Great pictures! Enjoy the time with him it is priceless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 06:45 am:

Wonderful and precious!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 09:43 am:

I love the first picture of the chain hoist. Looks like he's gonna be building his own car before he can drive. Go buddy go!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 10:56 am:

Gearhead-in-training. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 11:28 am:

Grand kids are great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 11:43 am:

That's great. He is so young, he will probably think that he was born with mechanical skills. The aptitude is there and with the training you are giving him, the Model T's should last at least another 100 years.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration