Hole for throttle linkage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Hole for throttle linkage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thompson on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 03:19 pm:

I have a 27 block with no hole for gas linkage. How should I put the hole through?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 03:26 pm:

Hey Bill, the membrane right there is pretty thin. I think if you take a big punch to it, it will just bust right out without much fight. It's a "virgin" block.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/246877.html?1321153020

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/420605.html?1391610319

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 03:59 pm:

Bill, for those die hard restorers wanting to use a vaporizer, if their vehicle came with one, 26-27 vaporizer blocks are getting pretty hard to find. I had to have one shipped from Minneapolis, only to have UPS ruin it in transit. Then I had to get one from Montana, and bear in mind, I live in Texas. If you weren't so far from me, I've got a freshly rebuilt short block without the center web that I'd trade you. Blocks without the web are a lot more plentiful than those with the web intact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 06:41 pm:

You don't have to knock out the web to run a NH instead of a vaporizer. There is linkage that works just fine to make the switch. I would not knock the web out in case you or the next owner of your car wants to run a vaporizer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

I agree with the others. Please do not knock out the block off. The "over the top" linkages are fairly easy to find. They clamp and bolt on, so going back to a vaporizer later would be easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 07:50 pm:

I also have a 1927 and am running an 'NH' currently. I went with the over the top of the engine linkage kit as I didn't want to punch the block out between 2 and 3. I will probably run a vaporizer someday, but until then I didn't want to ruin the originality of the block. I'm just lucky the previous owner didn't punch it out. My valve cover doesn't have the hole either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:27 am:

Can I add to the confusion? While it was probably a swapped block I had a '27 Tudor that had a vaporizer, (I converted it to an NH). It had the hole in the block, the hole in the VC cover and a very old looking gasket without the linkage hole in it. I think I'd drill & file the hole out instead of trying to punch it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 12:20 pm:

If I were going to do it, I'd drill it out, but then again, I am against ruining a rare block, particularly if it is a matching numbers block. I'll have to say, Ford must have punched them out, as I have never seen one with a drilled hole that came from the factory.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration