A Infant Phenomenon with the T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: A Infant Phenomenon with the T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 08:16 pm:

Here's another, this time quite small like in a car seat in the back of a late model car . took the T out for its Friday afternoon. Drive, came up to the Intersection as car across is making the Turn, the kid in the Car seat gives me the Thumbs up! Before I was even going to Wave, noticed Dad no wave. This is what I'm trying to figure out. Unless there is Laral and hardy cartoon out there or cartoons. The car moves is not T.s. Or did they go to Disneyland and see these ? How can a Baby realize a Vintage car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 08:20 pm:

Not sucking his thumb , the hand barely came off the car seat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 08:49 pm:

I get it all the time. It's caused by the animated movie "Cars". The smallest of kids refer to my car as "Lizzy" from that film and even babies point and stare. Almost scary. If you haven't seen that movie, Lizzy is very detailed and correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 08:49 pm:

Steve,

2 words

OLD SOUL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 11:42 pm:

Thanks. , I think your right. Or Henry had a genetic bank out there and these are all his kids

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 03:45 am:

My wife and I are still trying to work this one out.
We have a 23 month old granddaughter.

She has started to talk the past few months. She can say daddy's car, mommy's car, unc's car, pa's car but has never seen the Town Car as its been in a museum since before she was born.

Before Easter we took it out of the museum to go on a Tour over Easter. After the tour we went to her house where she laid eyes on the Ford for the first time.

Her response it's the Futt Futt car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:40 am:

See there is something to study here. So I wasn't seeing things, I'm going to go a little further next time and ask more parents and kids that can communicate. The words Old Soul maybe the answer . The Tour I was on was interesting. Also. Found out and this happen with horses. The horses all spook or have put their heads up when grazing and lots of attention to the club cars going by. Improved this with my riding buddy. I said hey watch this next set of horses. And the same thing happens, the Cows. Really go batty. The black angus they took off running and almost went through the fence. Most of the T's were black in color .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 02:10 pm:

My son when younger would point when we were driving and say "NONY CARS" We've never figured out what he meant and he still won't tell us, he's now 49.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 02:14 pm:

I am always amazed at the old and very young who seem to be on the same page regarding a love for the Model T Ford. The mid age folks are all over the map. Some have rather odd ideas regarding the history or features of our cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 02:53 pm:

When I had my little steam car (mostly '02 Locomobile parts, but on a replica curve dash Olds chassis/body from the 1950s)I noticed it would cause horses in the pasture to bolt away, but the modern cars went un-noticed. Cows didn't seem to care one way or the other, although a lot of them would watch me drive by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Vaughn on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 08:57 pm:

In an evening drive in our 26 four door yesterday evening, we met a man, wife, and daughter who were out walking. Daughter in the stroller had to be not older than 2yrs at the most. As we drove up the block, the daughter threw up both hands, and smiled a waved. By now mom and dad were smiling and waving. We gave a short honk of the horn. It is impressive as to how even the youngest seem to enjoy seeing the "T".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 04:02 pm:

Several years ago I had my 26 Touring at a car show on the downtown square. A gentleman that I knew only slightly came up and reminded me that I had promised a ride sometime. I said now is as good a time as any. He climbed into the front seat
and two young boys and a little girl climbed into the back. We were about ten miles down the road when I mentioned that his little girl seemed to be really enjoying the ride. He replied that he didn't have a little girl, and that he thought she was mine. We turned around immediately and headed back to town, expecting any minute to be accused of kidnapping or worse. When we got back to the square her parents were waiting. They said they had seen her climb into the Model T and weren't concerned because they knew she would be all right. Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 09:30 pm:

Neat story Eddy. Today my wife and I were downtown in our T and a man walking his dog jerked the leash and pointed in an effort to show our car to his dog! The dog didn't notice. An hour later, a man asked me if my car was a "T Bird". I guess he was half right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

Eddy, that is hilarious. Nearly a real problem. Glad the parents could tell a T person is almost always trustworthy.

Reminds me of the movie quote " Does your doggy bite?...."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration