OT thieves from Iowa.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT thieves from Iowa.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 11:07 pm:

I just turn the idiot box on and those two jackasses from LeClaire Iowa were cheating some poor old man out of a pair of skis for the front end on a Model T. I really have a hard time watching those two clowns ripping older people off. Especially that little fat chump. I sure wish they'd stop by my house. There's nothing I'd like better than let that little fat jerk know what I think of him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 12:44 am:

Sad thing is, they make all of us look like thieves when we are out scrounging parts for our OWN projects (not to make "big bucks" off).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 12:59 am:

Mike,

It is entertainment

Take it as such

That is how I view ' Shipping Wars ' ... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 01:00 am:

IMHO, Reality TV is ALL Bogus put on contrived dribble!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 08:20 am:

They were at a friend of mines a few weeks back, all made for tv and rehearsed. He did sell a good bit and said he made money. I wouldn't worry to much about folks getting ripped off as it is a tv show. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 08:33 am:

The Pickers were at a friend of mine's two years ago. He says they are really nice guys. They did buy some stuff and haggled over it for real but then for TV they filmed it a couple extra times to get more than one camera angle.

I watched the episode Mike was talking about and it seems to me the Model T skis might have gone to the scrap yard if the pickers had not bought them. They paid a fair price for the skis. By fair price I mean that the seller agreed to the price and the buyer forked over the money. It doesn't work any other way does it?

I went to the local antique store last weekend. They had a lot of Model T hubcap wrenches on a table for $20 each. There were several Model T spark plug wrenches for $25 each. In the miscellaneous tool pile there was a real nice 3Z601 wrench marked $5.00 that I bought.

Mike did I steal the wrench?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 08:53 am:

It is fake. They are not out picking and haggling over low buck items anymore, except when filming an episode. Mike Wolfe is worth 7 mil, and receives 500k per season. Frank Fritz is worth 5 million, and receives 400 per season. The van is driven to location, they do not drive it across country. Even Danielle Cushman is worth 2 million, and receives 20 thousand per episode. Its embarrassing the amount of "reality" shows that are on tv now. They are all fake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 08:59 am:

So is Honey Boo Boo real? You are stealing Christmas Ed :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 09:03 am:

Thats different, Honey Boo Boo is real. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 09:15 am:

Well, I can promise ye, if that bunch of yahoos come up in the yard they would have plenty of footage that would get viewers but they would have to bleep alot. And they would not get nothing either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:17 am:

I watch their show sometimes and I would say I would like to get in some of the places they are in. I must have seen nearly 10 good looking brass Ts in cellars that they are in. The strange thing to me they will buy a 50 Plymouth and pass by the brass Ts. They would make more money off the brass Ts than any 50 Plymouth. How much of the show is fake we will really never know.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:24 am:

Staged or not, it was a business before it became a TV show. So how many of you business savvy folk buy as high as you can and sell short?? Not many I suspect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:35 am:

All of the above concerning the show is true and I'll add what I've read: The picking locations are canvassed prior to the guys going there. While stuff apparently isn't planted if there's nothing of interest it's passed up. So it isn't random at all. By the way have any of you guys seen this nonsense called "Clash of the Ozarks"? If you want weird & staged it's a good way to kill an hour. Can't possibly be real.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:06 am:

I agree with Dave, Its fun to see what's in the background that they bypass. Don't always agree on there pricing some times but it is a business.
All of the other reality shows are just BS, these are nothing but the ugliest Americans for others to see.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:18 am:

I haven't turned on my TV in over 2 years.

I don't miss it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:23 am:

I've also heard is that the little fat guy was formerly a fire inspector who happened to "discover" large collections and subsequently "encouraged" people to clear out their treasures. Of course, I imagine he was more than willing to help them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:38 am:

Well, I have to admit I watch reality tv. I enjoy the gold hunting show but, the gold hunters with the fat guy with the goofy beard and his goofy old man cause me to shake my head. All my life I've run heavy equipment, my Dad, Brother and Grandpa ran heavy equipment and between us we have close to 100 years working in mining. During those years every one of us had an opportunity to put a piece of equipment where it doesn't belong. Heck I had one Uncle that road a D9 Cat about 100 yards in a mudslide down the side of a tailings pond when the side of the dike became saturated and broke loose. My Dad and uncle roiled a 55 ton Euclid truck down a reject pile when the drunk that was acting as dumpman that night misjudged how far to back them and sent them for a ride. But, in every one of those situations we learned from them and realized what you can and can't do with that equipment. But the guys in that mining show continuously put their excavators and crawlers and trucks where they don't belong. It's hard to believe they don't learn from their experiences.

I've had friends visit the Las Vegas pawn shop. The show is 100% staged.

Pay attention to how the people speak on the shows. They never trip over their words. They never say, ah, ya know, I mean or clear their throats or do any of the things the rest of us do when we speak. And believe me if it's one thing the people from Iowa do it is a lot of "you knows" and "uh's" or umm's". "Ya know what I'm saying?"

Jim, it is just entertainment but often, ya wish for some actual reality and it just doesn't exist. At least Norton, Trixie, Alice and Ralph didn't BS you. Everyone knew up front their show was staged.

As far as the skis going to the junkyard; no , I don't think so. Every one knows those skis would have been open to a much larger market because most of our Children and Grandchildren will be selling our stuff at public auction and the kids of the owner of the skis are no different.

In the end Frank and Mike will triple what they paid the old guy for the skis and some crafty young fella will turn them into a coffee table or book shelf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 12:00 pm:

I can't stand reality TV. I find it disturbing how popular it is. Are we (Americans) really that shallow? Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to that. I hate to admit Honey Boo Boo lives about 70 miles NW of here. I have seen about 10 minutes of one episode of that show. That was 10 too many. The previews are already too much. Those people are what we used to call "Po White Trash". What's worse, is they play it up, or "Put on the dog", to make it worse than it already is. I don't know what they get paid per episode, but I wouldn't get caught dead being filmed acting like that for any amount of money. Where the Hell is their self respect? But what do you expect from white trash? It makes us all look like a bunch of friggin' Gomers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 12:03 pm:

Boo Boo gets 50k per episode, the other range from 10k to 15k depending how they are featured. Thats per week folks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 12:41 pm:

Bad as I could use the money for projects and some newly acquired medical bills due to a chest pain scare this week, I aint much on reality tv. And I have no desire to make myself or others look dumber than we are.Of course who is really dumb? The 1's making money off acting like it or the 1's paying them?.
I get beat to death with reality already. Why watch it on tv?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 01:14 pm:

Who the hell is Boo Boo ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

Yogi the bear's little sidekick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 01:58 pm:

Steve T, a chubby little red neck girl being exploited by her parents. Like another poster, watched 10 minutes of one episode and that was too much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 02:34 pm:

Heeey Yogi - Yaah Boo Boo ?

Funny Mike !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 02:45 pm:

Several years ago Fox was heavily promoting a new "reality" show where aspiring gold diggers would compete to snare an eligible bachelor they thought was rich, but wasn't. I thought there might be some entertainment value in stupid, shallow people. But they turned out to be stupid, shallow, and borrrrrring. Ten minutes was more than enough for me.

Meanwhile, over at CBS they decided to do a "reality" show in which a bunch of pre-teens would live on their own in a New Mexico ghost town. No doubt some people hearing of that thought Lord of the Flies, and the ensuing howls of outrage from concerned do-gooders caused the network to drop the idea. After all, there's no telling what might happen with no adults around, right? Apparently the producers, the director, the camera crew, the lighting and sound crews, and all the other people who put a show on the air, were all going to be kids too.

Reality TV is an oxymoron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 03:06 pm:

Gary,

Those folks go beyond "Redneck". They give rednecks a bad name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 03:44 pm:

Ill have to chime in as a "picker" I used to do what Mike and Frank do. I worked as a Boilermaker field construction welder and mechanic. I traveled all over the country. I would take the car hauler everywhere I went. I would leave a day early and "free style pick" as Mike and Frank call it. I can tell you from first hand experiance that the hoards of stuff do really exist. It is getting harder to find because of the show but it is there. I have bought tons of stuff from estates that were headed to the dump, scrap yard, or in the fire. One that jumps to mind is at a yard/estate sale in Missouri. They were cleaning out the house and shed. They had a large fire going in the back yard. When I asked them what they were burning they said trash. I asked to look. I found hundreds of autographed photos of teens to the 30s movie stars. Laural and Hardy, The Little Rascals, ect. I gave them 10.00 to look thru all the trash for what I could salvage. That one pile alone made me over 1000.00 Did I steal it ...???? There was a junk yard in Illinois that I bought close to 100 old signs at. He had them in a scrap trailer loading it for a trip to the foundry. I bought all of them for 1.00 each. He thought I was crazy. There were 25 "Fisk" tire signs in the lot that were NOS with wrappers. Did I steal them .??? I could go on all day. As a general rule pickers try to double there money. Sometimes we get lucky and do that, sometimes we get real lucky and tripple our money, and lots of time we "lose or ass" because of a bad buy. There was a old sign I saw yeas ago that said "I look for it, I research it, I buy it, I transport it, I clean and fix it, I store it, I show it, I sometimes break it, I try to sell it, and you want me to take %$#@&! for it". As to Mike Frank and Danielle if they are worth millions, good for them. From what I can tell they have earned it and appear to be good honest folks. (as good as most of US). As to the show being "fake" I think it is as real as a show can be. The filming requires a certain amount of "staging" but I do not think they make things up. Because of the fame and success of the show, they also go to a lot of places and high profile sellers.. that they would never have got to go before the show got popular. My rules were to never buy from a kid, or very old person who showed any signs of mental memory problems. The rest of the world tough %^&$#. If someone is too lazy to do their own research (that took me years and years to learn the hard way) Why should I have to tell them what their stuff is worth. Get off the couch and put the beer down and learn something. If someone hired me to give you an appraisal of their stuff for a sale I would give them a very good appraisal to the very best of my ability. But I have went and looked at hundreds of items that were "for sale" I would give good offers on the items, sometimes If I wanted it for myself I would offer "full retail" but could not buy it. After awhile I learned that the stuff was not really "For Sale" they just wanted to know what it was worth. Then later it would sell to someone else for what I had offered. When I sell at a swap meet all my parts are priced.... I will not for any reason, give a price to someone who say "what will you give" Ill explain my reasons, but if they do not price it Ill leave it there. So if you come to my spaces at Petitt Jean Swap Meet , be assured my stuff will have a price, and If I come to your space, do not get mad at me if I do not "give a offer" I guess I better quit now I have ranted long enough, and remember this is just my opinions on the matter and not meant to make anyone mad. As to the other reality shows like BooBoo, Clash of the Ozarks, Kadashians, and on and on.... I feel sorry for them .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 07:01 pm:

"Get off the couch and put the beer down and learn something."

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. :-)

It's also good advice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

Hal Davis, I agree 100%. The rednecks with 10 tons of scrap iron in the yard along with a dozen toilets/tubs/fridges are far and above the Honey Boo Boo clan. It's despicable

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 08:33 pm:

Ya know, I'm back to hanging out on the MTFCA again burning time. The television is on to WWE wrestling and I just finished a cold beer and a big plate of homemade spaghetti. The cat is resting in my lap and the dog is laying at my feet. I worked on my Model T for a couple hours today but now I'm going to sit here and take my evening nap. That way I'll be rested when I go to bed. Now by God that's reality. And I guess now that I think of it, Donnie is right in so many ways. If he can get it for less than it's worth and triple his money, more power to him. But in my opinion Mike and Frank do prey on old people and I think that's lousy. It's not reality or pickers I have a problem with, and I could possibly get along with Mike. But that little fat guy gets on my nerves. And then again maybe I'm just jealous because they got those darn skis and I didn't. No, on second thought, I don't like Frank! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 09:18 pm:

Mike;
Talk about reality, WWE is about the most stupid show I have ever seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 09:23 pm:

have to prey on the ole ppl, the old ppl are the ones with all the good stuff to buy, LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 09:53 pm:

You want the bottom line? You don't have to be too smart to hit the lottery and that's what every single one of these half wits have done. More $ than they ever expected to see in their life times without even spending a buck for a ticket. I doubt I'd turn it down either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:10 pm:

I see where they got a little SMARTS, they've gotten rid of there Mercedes van and got a new
FORD Van. It's not a T but it is a Ford. Should be in it next week.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:43 pm:

Whether or not the show is for "real", I don't know, but I do know that business is business. Also know that heirlooms do not mean the same to everyone. Example. One nephew got my grandfathers rolltop desk, which I would have loved to have inherited. He sold it in a garage sale. His brother got my great-grandfather's hand gun which he had used as a soldier in the Civil War. This nephew sold it for drug money.

I still have the heirlooms I have received. My daughter wanted one of my Model T.s, but none of her brothers have spoken any desire for one. Later I found out her husband wanted to make a rat rod out of it.

Anyway, it is a TV show.

I had an experience similar to the show. I was looking for a rim spreader for 26 split rims. We were on a trip and I stopped at many antique shops along the way. We got to Grants Pass Oregon where I stopped, and the shop owner told me of a man who had about one acre of Model T's. I went there and found that I could have bought a Ruckstell, any body parts or engine/transmission parts for a reasonable price. He didn't have a rim spreader, but told me about someone in Brookings who had one. I bought it for $25 which I think is a reasonable price.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:14 pm:

TV is a wasteland. "Reality" or not. I laughed the other day when my co-worker said he had to dig into his large DVD collection to find a movie because there was nothing to watch on their hundreds (literally) of channels to choose from.

And their household has a DVR that can record 4 shows at the same time no less.

To each their own poison, I suppose. Mine is 3D first person shooter, video games...grin..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:46 pm:

Norm, an acre of Model T's outside of the, annual international Model T get together, would stop my heart. Richard, I'm seriously hurt deep inside. The fact you would call WWE stupid, cuts me to the soul. I've been watching "professional" wrestling since the 1950's and I know anything that's been around that long "has" to be real. Really! :-) Television has become so hard to watch anymore. Everything is designed and developed to make us all mental midgets and insult our intelligence. When I was married to my first wife, she became addicted to soap operas. Now there's as great a waste as WWE wrestling. But really, what is there for people when Winter lasts from November to half way through May. And then it gets cold and rainy for a month. Usually that little garage of mine starts to get smaller by the middle of December. Reading books goes for a little while. I haven't been able to afford to travel. Snowmobiling was fun until my body went to heck and ice house fishing is okay but a steady diet of it will kill ya. I've had some hobbies but find it hard to stick with anything. Stain glass, woodworking,oil painting were fun for a couple projects each, I hate puzzles and any card or board games, and I make a lousy drunk. Minnesota hasn't legalized dope yet and STD's scare me. Back to television; half hour sitcoms bore me as do most movies although there's been one or two I've enjoyed. The news programs are all politically slanted and the weather network, though exciting, keeps showing reruns. I enjoy documentaries and a few shows on Public Television. I enjoy Model T's but they're mostly a summer sport because as I said my shop is too small. I enjoy the company of a few people but find it hard as a bit of an introvert (yeah, really) to get to know or care about anyone. Besides a lot of people are less real than WWE wrestling. My focus for the last several months has been to get rid of my house at some point, sell my Corvette and one or two of my T's and start living in Minnesota or one of the Northern states during the warm months and Arizona or some place South during the cold. Someday I'd like to go to Alaska or maybe Hawaii. I've never been in the Northeast United States but hear there's some beautiful country up there. I absolutely love the west all the way to the coast and the greatest people in the world live South of the Mason Dixie. The two states I've thought were really beautiful were Pennsylvania and Tennessee. I've been told West Virginia is really nice too. So as you can see, if I could travel I'd be my happiest. That would slow down in a few years because my age and health are catching up with me, but I'd sure like to try it again for awhile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:49 pm:

Ya know Danial, I kinda figured you might like the video games.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 12:30 am:

"...and the weather network, though exciting, keeps showing reruns." hahaha! That cracked me up, Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 12:43 am:

Thanks Danial, sometimes a little bullshit gets a long way down the road before it's truly understood. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 08:07 am:

I love watching American Pickers because it makes me feel wealthy. Who would have thought that all the crap I have laying around is worth a fortune according to those guys. I just thought it was extra parts from the debris trail of my life. HMMMM? Now that I'm rich I may upgrade to a better brand of beer this weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 09:26 am:

I think it's clear who the real jackass is here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 11:37 am:

The acre of Model T's were all disassembled. The engines, transmissions, axles, radiators etc were inside the barn. The bodies were arranged left side in one area, right side in another etc. They were outside geting rust and blackberry vines in them. It was very well organized. I don't remember his name or address, but I could find it if I were ever in Grants Pass again. This was about 20 years ago, so I don't even know if it's there anymore.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 12:42 pm:

We have stopped in Le Claire, Iowa several times on my way to NC. Mike has been at the shop and is always working hard. He is smaller then he looks on TV and my wife thinks he's real cute? He took time to sign shirts and hats we bought for friends. Nice guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 12:45 pm:

Norman, Grants Pass is still there. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 01:59 pm:

In LeClaire but didn't stop by Herm Kohnke ?? Id stop by the guys and slap the skinny one and buy Frank a Killer Burrito, then RTV the van windows closed... Thatll clear Mike from Fairlane Fever

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 02:19 pm:

The sad part of all the crap on TV is that other countries see it and think that is the "normal" American.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 05:12 pm:

If there were no audience for these "reality" shows they wouldn't be on the air. Give me pro wrestling anytime. Well maybe not. The one, well there are more than one, I really can't stand is the guys with metal detectors who have an orgasm each time they find a penny in the dirt.

Dennis, Exactly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

Gary: when you've got nothing to scream about you scream about nothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 10:08 pm:

Mike and Frank play two of the most annoying character parts that I've ever seen on TV. I only watch it to see whats in the background that they either pass up or pick up and set down. But when Frank gets into his ubiquitous whiny "Is this something you'd consider selling?", "What would you have to have for it?" and "No, theres not enough left on the bone for me" I get embarassed on behalf of all of us who have ever gone into a barn/shed/garage with an owner and made an offer on something. Then, EVERYBODY that they've bought from stands outside and waves until they drive out of sight. . . . .What channel did you say that WWE wrestling is on, Mike?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 12:25 am:

Geez Dan B. Are Mike and Frank your family, or are you always such a personable kind of guy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 08:03 am:

What, you don't like it when someone you don't know calls you names?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 08:31 am:

Whoopsie -

this thread was interesting....

.....please be nice now

.....other countries are reading, too !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 09:35 am:

Personally, I like the Big Bang Theory best of all, Penny keeps my heart racing, and the rest of the gang just crack me up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 10:12 am:

When we get it, Smithsonian channel has great programs. PBS Frontline, Nova and Secrets of the Dead are great if you have any intellectual curiosity.

Even Aljazeera tv has Techknow and other good shows. They recently did a show on their investigation of the bombing of Panam 103, which the US govt blamed on Khadaffy of Libya. The program showed their evidence that the bombing was Iran's revenge for the USS Vincennes shooting down Iran Air 603 the year before.

I'm watching more tv than ever, since I don't have strength to do much else. At least my weight is almost stabilized.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 10:26 am:

Dan I don't appear on a public television network and offer myself up for criticism. Those two do. But that's okay, it gave you a chance to express yourself and most people won't take that risk anymore. Good for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 11:54 am:

Yea but you did post your opinion on a public forum. I only take issue with presuming to know someone's motivations and then judging them on that, which apparently is fine as long as it's you who is doing the judging.

I don't care if the show is real or fake. It gives a chance to see other people's collections around the country. Most are older people which makes me wonder who will be the next generation of caretakers. Isn't that what people are constantly worried about here on this forum? If the show turns someone on to history, is there really anything wrong with that?

Anyway, I can't believe the same people who claim that it is fake are critiquing the prices being paid. Wow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 12:32 pm:

I'm with u Tim. Penny is hot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike dixon on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 01:22 pm:

get off mikes a$$ hes my brother

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 01:32 pm:

We're all brothers and sisters and I do see Dan B's point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 12:09 am:

Hey Mike, thats not the best statement of the day when there are internet news sites like this one run this story,
www.chronicle.su/society/american-pickers-stars By Kilgoar, on April 9th, 2012
Now you all say that you have a load of bad shows to watch, here is a list of dud shows we cop every night, Pimp my ride, West coast customs, Natural born dealers, search and restore, trucks, Pawn stars, American restoration, Out back truckers, Family guy, American dad, classic car rescue, hard core pawn, American pickers, Rude tube, Swamp people, Tattoo nightmares, Americas toughest prison and that's just one channel so don't get me started on the cooking shows from every corner of the world, I will point out that the most disliked show I have come across is cash cowboys from Canada, they rip every body off including each other but being able to watch the Canadian country side is great. Were do I find the WWE please..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 05:15 pm:

Ummmm.....if they're gay, they don't know they are.

Mike married Jodi Faeth on September 8, 2012, in an "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"- themed ceremony in Leiper's Fork, Tennessee, where Wolfe has since bought a house.[5] Mike and Jodi welcomed daughter Charlie Faeth Wolfe on January 30, 2012

I don't know if Frank is or not, but he and Mike did attend the same high school.

That website is fictional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 05:18 pm:

Danielle Colby-Cushman is a burlesque dancer. Her stage name is Dannie Diesel. I DARE you to look that name up in Google. lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 06:43 pm:

William, you beat me to it. That web site is one of those fictional news sites. They make up stuff and make it appear as fact. Similar to the Nationial Enquire , Globe, Star, ect. But just on Steriods. They had a story awhile back about some school in I think South Dakota having "tracking implants" installed in all the students without the parents permission. You would be surprised at how many people got mad and thought it was real.... Those sites are far worse than the reality shows, for the damage they do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

Well you guys started me looking when I found that site while looking up Danielle, I have some times wondered through, but she is appealing to the eye but those tats spoil her appearance.
A long time ago my local preacher told those gathered that we are wearing our heavenly clothes now and it depends on how we look after them and Tattoo's stain them and it has just stuck in my mind ever since. I use to like the roller game as they sort of made it like they were killing each other and you will now tell me that was fake to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 08:24 pm:

(pops some corn, sits back and watches the show)

This is starting to look more like one of them muscle car forums I visit less and less frequently...

Ok, not THAT BAD, but...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 08:11 am:

Just Googled Dannie Diesel. Gonna get all the seasons on DVD now :-) Thanks William

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 09:17 am:

Is this a reality thread? Just thought I'd ask.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration