OT transmission & rear end oil

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT transmission & rear end oil
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 11:25 pm:

My son Christopher & I where installing a new gas tank in my 1929 McLaughlin Buick Model 29-20 tonight.
While under the car,I checked the rear end & it needed to be topped up.The lube chart says to use a steam cylinder oil,for both the trans & rear axle,type A-200.
Would anyone have an opinion as to what type of oil I should use ?
Thanks,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 01:00 am:

Me I would use 600W.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 02:32 am:

There is a discussion here: http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23302
The consensus seems to be 600W
hope it helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 07:40 am:

Thanks,
Mark & Chris

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration