Totally OT - British car identification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Totally OT - British car identification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 12:37 am:

Soon after Anja and I met 40+ years ago, she told me that her father had had a couple of antique cars when she was a child. One was a 1928 Chrysler and the other was an early thirties (1931, perhaps) Morris. I found a box of old photos yesterday and was going through them. These two turned up, and I am wondering if they might be photos of the Morris. Can anyone confirm that for me? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 12:43 am:

Austin Chummy modified to look older than it really is i.e. body, fenders, sidelights, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 08:43 am:

Then it's probably a picture her father took somewhere (probably in England) just because it was an old car. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:39 am:

Definitely an Austin Seven, note the wheels have only three huts and the wings on the radiator. Seems to be about a 31 but with added accessories,such as the horn on the right fender,, and modified doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 06:16 pm:

Tony, I am very embarrassed. I have owned a 1936 Austin Ten since April 1974 and am very familiar with the Austin winged wheel emblem. I just didn't notice it in this photo. Thanks again....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration