Old Photo - How Many Camera's Fit In A T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - How Many Camera's Fit In A T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:32 am:

Bet he had a pneumatic release for the one up on that crazy tripod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:55 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 08:49 pm:

Jay,
That is Darius Kinsey who specialized in logging photographs in the glory days of logging in Washington state. The T is a 13 with accessory demountable wheels and was Darius'first car after graduating from horse and buggy. In 1919 he retrogressed to a Franklin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:38 pm:

Dale - With all due respect, I don't think this is a '13. It has a steel radiator shell introduced on the '17 models and the fenders are also later than '13's.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:54 pm:

Keith,see x
If you're refering to the pic posted by Ed you are most likely correct but the picture posted by Jay is an entirely different car. You can't even see the radiator in Jay's post, it is blocked by Darius Kinsey, the man holding the camera. I have book of many of Darius' photographs and it includes that exact same picture only much clearer. In it the flat fenders, both front and rear, the square sidelights and square cornered doors that extend to the bottom of the body are clearly visible. In addition Darius' son states that it was a 13. The book also has a picture of the car from the back and one can make out the tapered axle housings prior to 1915. The tail light had also been replaced with the 15 or later round type as well as the demountable wheels which may have been firestones, they have 5 lugs. Of course The resolution in Jay's apost is not high eneough to make out these details.
Dale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 12:00 am:

Keith,
I don' know now the word see x after your name got there in the previous post. It wasn't there when I previewed it
Dale

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration