Now this is a weird accessory

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Now this is a weird accessory
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:36 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-NOS-accessory-EMCO-muffler-cutout-silencer-for-Mode l-T-Ford-A-era-Flathead-/131180677919?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&has h=item1e8afa4b1f&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 12:06 pm:

Just more to rattle and fall off. It is an interesting piece though. Lots of gizmos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 06:26 pm:

I'll take 300.00 plus Ins and UPS for mine as I also have a NOS one , except mine says IMCO-muffler/cutout danuser88@ktis.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 12:31 pm:

So it's a cutout and a muffler in one? That's how I understand it anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 12:59 pm:

Or maybe it's a muffled cutout for those who think straight cutouts are too loud and the stock muffler is too quiet? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 10:18 pm:

I have some original Cooper cutouts.

They do not seem to be a high demand item and they are illegal in all states.

That one is being re-manufactured, so there must be some demand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 04:52 pm:

Maybe Jay has some brochures or ads that can help shed some light on what they thought this thing was good for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 03:16 am:

Accessory mufflers for the young go fast types that wants to be heard has always been common at the parts stores..
Jay has another version from APCO:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/177273.html?1293220959

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration