OT - Carlsbad, NM is nice out today ...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Carlsbad, NM is nice out today ...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

I dropped off a muscle car in Denver City, TX
on Friday and am waiting to get a haul out of
the area ...

So - I meandered on over to Carlsbad, NM Friday
afternoon ...

Ate last night at Danny's Place
It was o.k. bbq but nothing to write home about.

I might visit Carlsbad Caverns, never have been
there before.

I was last here about (5) years ago
delivering a propane forklift (of all things).

Man - prices for hotel rooms have gone up !

I guess it is all the gas & oil work in
Western Texas and Eastern New Mexico ....

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 01:02 pm:

Jim
The last time I was there was 1951, nothing but fields of cars (NEW)all makes,sitting awaiting to be loaded on transports for Ca. Something to do with State Regs. on number of cars per truck crossing the state.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 01:23 pm:

Bob,

Things have changed but it still is a legitimate
small town where you can walk the sidewalks ... :-)

Personally - New Mexico is my favorite western state ...

Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration