Body numbers on closed car ('24 Tudor)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Body numbers on closed car ('24 Tudor)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Erfert on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

We found the body numbers on the '24 Tudor and would like to know what they mean? The numbers are on the right side frame wood just inside the passenger door and show Des Moin? 15299. Photo of numbers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Erfert on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 12:35 am:

Was there a wood body plant in Des Moine, Iowa? Anyone know what this means?
Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 02:43 am:

Richard, I would assume that there was a Ford branch plant there. My '25 coupe has a KC preceding the number, denoting the Kansas City branch plant. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Erfert on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 11:31 am:

Thank you David, is there any documentation of where bodies were put together? I know Michigan was where most of the wood came from but would like to see more on where the bodies were built. Thank you again.
Dick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration