What is this part for 26 27 radiator apron ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What is this part for 26 27 radiator apron ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 02:38 pm:

I am putting the radiator and shroud back on the 27 touring. I stumbled across a part, shown in the Service Manual, I have never seen. In the pic it is part "A" called "radiator apron spacer" What is it made from.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 02:39 pm:

what is it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 03:03 pm:

It is a washer to keep the spring from working through the apron. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 03:34 pm:

Should the earlier cars with a radiator apron have that washer? I looked and my 1923 touring/pickup does not have a washer and the spring looks like it goes through the apron. The spring still performs its intended function, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 03:47 pm:

Mark, if your car has that apron, it's a '24 with a high radiator. If it has a low radiator, it won't have that apron and it is a '23. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 03:55 pm:

Keith: I have a washer I made to keep the spring from working into the crank/handle bearing on the front of the oil pan. You are saying the washer fits on the outside of the apron.? Is it just a flat washer or does it have a "shape" to fit the hole in the apron .??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 03:58 pm:

Go buy yourself a 7/8 machine washer,slip it on there and go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 04:19 pm:

David, you are right, according to my engine number the engine was assembled in January 1924. When I bought the car, it was registered and titled as a 1923, so I left it that way when I transferred the title and registration to avoid having to explain things to the MO DOR.

I need to be more mindful of my audience at the time when I specify the year of my car. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 06:21 pm:

<g> Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 06:25 pm:

Donnie, it is shaped to fit in the opening, sometimes the apron on any year will wear as the crank handle vibrates, this is an easy fix rather than re doing the apron. Sounds like you have addressed the problem. KGB

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration