Spark plug held up dated

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Spark plug held up dated
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 06:00 pm:

Last week I posted about putting new Champion X plugs in my 1927 Roadster and having it run rough. Well I opened the gap to .30 and what a difference it made, fired up with the first touch of the starter, idled smooth and at low rpms, it was like a new car !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 06:59 pm:

The absolute only change was the plug gap? from .025 to .030?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 07:03 pm:

Erich,
Yes, that was the only change I made

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 07:44 pm:

Good to hear Randy and I'm not surprised. I'm going to do the same thing tonight and test it tomorrow. I will be sure to post the result.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 08:00 pm:

I run my Champions at .035, never a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 09:40 pm:

Had the car out all day today with the plugs re gapped to.032. It does indeed run much better.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration