Motor craft F11 oil leak between base and porcellin insulator ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Motor craft F11 oil leak between base and porcellin insulator ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:46 pm:

Has anybody seen this too, new plugs that leak between the plug base where it threads into the head and the porcelain insulator above it... a light but seemingly constant amount weeping ????
Motorcraft F11 - cheaper T plugs.
This oil is certainly not coming up from the head to the outer surface, its all internal ??
David Dare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:40 pm:

Yes I have. Out of the first batch of 4 all have developed leaks. The first two started early and I replaced them with newer stock. Now the last two of the first batch needs replacing. I think it was a bad batch made about 1 1/2 maybe 2 years ago. So far the replacements have been ok. We got these from Snyders but other suppliers may have gotten shipment from the same batch. You may have gotten some of those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 01:40 am:

Snyders replaced my leakers with no charge. Great service and back-up.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 07:07 am:

I had this happen with the Motorcraft Plugs 3 years ago as well. I bought mine on E-Bay so no refund or replace but fortunately, I only paid 20 bucks for the set. I just bought a set of new champion a25 and they leak around the threads. The only plugs I have complete faith in are the three piece champions either nos or reproduction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 08:42 pm:

I had it happen with Autolight 3095's. Advance auto gave me my money back.
Autolight 3095's are 1.98 or so apeice.Ask the counter salesman to look in small engine spark plugs to order them.
The older 1's I had on the shelf,were made in US. These leakers, made in Mexico.This was about 3 years ago.
If I aint bad mistaken, Motorcraft and Autolight have been in cahoots for years and may be the same plug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 04:22 pm:

Cameron, there's your answer, many of them leak - look maybe for a MEXICO brand on the porcelain.
I have a set too that have never leaked ???

MACK - l am going to look into ordering a set of Autolites ( 3095's )... cheers David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ben jermainne on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 09:02 pm:

I also had the same problem two plugs in one car and three in the other

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 12:33 am:

I bought eight, four were bad and Don Snyder replaced them after just an email. Great service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 09:50 am:

My dad got some new Harley Davidson spark plugs number 3-4.
Well, the sportster still didnt run right. Put 2 old 1's in it,ran fine.
Turns out the new harley plugs, made by champion, are made in mexico. Wonderful.

Now, when he goes to work on his 58 Duo-glide, kick start by the way, what is he to do to get decent spark plugs? It is hard enough for a 80 year old man to kick start a motorcycle already, not to mention the trouble of dealing with lousy spark plugs.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration