Schrader Valve caps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Schrader Valve caps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Fowler on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 09:59 am:

Hello,

I am completely new to this forum and am hoping somebody may be able to tell me an approximate value of a set of metal valve caps from a Model T or vehicle of that era.

Many thanks,

Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 11:05 am:

i just picked up 10 the other day for $1 each.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 11:27 am:

You have to be more specific. There are several different styles of Schrader valve caps. First, are you referring to the cap, or the dust cover?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 06:26 am:

Larry has posed a question. The valve cap is the little cap which screws onto the small thread at the end of the valve stem. It is designed to seal the stem against leaks. What many call a valve cap is really a dust cap which is used to cover the entire valve stem and keep dust, mud etc from getting in through the stem hole in the felloe and causing abrasion and possible punctures.

I could be wrong.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 07:24 am:

Here are the original parts to a typical 1915 - 1927 Model T valve stem.

Red arrow points at the dust cover.
Yellow arrow points at Schrader tool / pressure cap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 10:33 am:

The "value" of the dust covers varies widely, depending on their condition and the circumstances of the sale. I've seen and bought them for less than $1 each. I've also seen and not bought them for a lot more. You might find some on eBay and see what they're bringing there. I would expect them to be less plentiful in Britain than here and to fetch more there.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration