Blue blaze timer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Blue blaze timer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J Williams on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 08:20 pm:

Hi guys
I was scrounging in one of the buildings at my T parts guy's
House and found what I thought was a new day timer but
When I got a closer look all of the studs for the wires were
On the top .two on each side of the timing rod eyelet
After cleaning all the crap off it says blue blaze specialty
Corp .NY. It looks useable but there is no brush holder
Question is would there be somewhere I could get a brush
Holder ? The spring and brush would be no problem
Any hope?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 08:29 pm:

Patent info courtesy of Art Bell

Vance Shearer
New York, N. Y.
Assignor to Blublaze Motor Specialties Corp.
Long Island City, New York
Ignition Timer for Internal Combustion Engines
Patent number: 1465740
Filing date Nov 4, 1921
Issue date Aug 21, 1923
http://tinyurl.com/lcgnmqk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J Williams on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 08:40 pm:

Thanks jay it looks like I'm going to be looking for a combination rotar brush assy. I think I'll go back and check
The box I found the timer in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 01:30 am:

The brush assembly is pot metal and tends to be cracked and broken. I think I have a NOS one somewhere in all my junk. The used ones are usually toast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 07:24 am:

Would a replacement New Day brush not work with that timer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J Williams on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 08:12 am:

Hi Stan I would be interested in the brush assy. If you want
To sell one .and to answer Hal's question the contact surface
In the blu blaze is more shallow than the new day .
So the brush holder will not work. Good thought but ?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration