Old photo: shop in Milwaukee Wisconsin

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old photo: shop in Milwaukee Wisconsin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 10:33 pm:

Found on Imgur, and posted to Reddit.
From the Reddit page:

"My Grandpa Jack Petashnick in a shop he had in Milwaukee Wisconsin. I'm not sure of the year and I'm not sure what kind of shop it is. I always heard that he was into salvage. So maybe he sold scrap metal here. But the tires and rims seem to indicate they did some mechanical work there as well. Also, I can't identify what the items hanging on the ceiling are. I would love any help to identify them.

One more interesting factoid. My aunt labeled this picture "Daddy's shop on 11th St & Winnebago". Couldn't find it on Google maps because it isn't there anymore. I-43 covers that intersection or where it would have been."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 11:20 pm:

Auto wreckers . . .
Ceiling has piston/rod assemblies, steering wheels, and some rad shells.
Floor has pile of tires, some rad cores etc.
Shelves full of used parts as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 11:55 pm:

Most impressive is the old stove. I'll bet that thing would glow cherry red in the winter and the heat would reach out a good 3 ft radius around it. The rest of the shop was froze stiff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Erfert on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 12:41 am:

B.S.Wisnewski was the parts store for all old car parts in Milwaukee and it may have been near that address if I remember. I bought parts there many years ago. This may have been how it got started.
Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 12:00 pm:

Dick - The B. S. Wisnewski building is still there and it's about 2 blocks from the I 43 corridor where this building apparently was.

Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration