Ford Ad December 3rd 1925 - Bulletin Magazine Australia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ford Ad December 3rd 1925 - Bulletin Magazine Australia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 03:25 am:

I was in Kangaroo Valley last week and found this old Bulletin ad in a secondhand bookshop.

This looks exactly the same as my car except the rims are not black.

I scanned both sides of the page. The date at the top is December 3rd 1925.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bulletin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 03:33 am:

Bigger scan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 05:29 am:

Hi Andrew,
The same picture appeared in the ladies Home Journal in July 1925, except it was in color and reversed to show the woman at the wheel of a LHD Model T Tudor.

The writing is also different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 05:39 am:

Australia certainly had a delayed introduction of the improved cars. This looks like a pre improved Tudor and by december '25 about 600,000 improved 1926 Fords had been produced in USA and Europe (Canadian production not included)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 07:18 am:

Thanks Peter.

I did a search and found the colour version here:

http://www.thehenryford.org/exhibits/pic/2008/january/pic.asp?pic=7

Different tyres and a black radiator shell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 09:34 am:

Ford Australia were still selling the old style 'Dalgety' assembled cars as late as April 1926. We know assembly ceased earlier and the price was dropped from 185 to 179/10/- in January 1926 to move excessive stock. Ford Australia needed to reduce inventory in preparation for the introduction of the "All Steel Improved" model being assembled at Geelong that was released in the May.

Here is the receipt dated 29th April 1926 and a photo of the 1925 'Dalegty' car when found back in the 1970's. Interestingly although assembled in October 1925 it was not sold until 6 months later at the post January reduced price. For the record the car still has motor C584014.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration