OT - An exceptional story of a common man's Model A

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - An exceptional story of a common man's Model A
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 06:55 am:

Recently I had the privilege of hauling a very special Model A to Tom in Wisconsin ...

I have transported (4) of his vehicles to date.

This Model A however ....

If you have a moment - read about a common man
and the only car he owned ...... :-)

@ http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138519

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 10:18 am:

Nice story, Jim, but the pics didn't open for me. That car is indeed "very special."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 10:43 am:

You have to be logged on Fordbarn to see the pictures. Many of our cars has a history being owned for a long time by a special character who kept the car from the junk yard when they were most in danger of being scrapped.

I love to hear the stories and I have a lot of sympathy for those guys - why sell a good car? :-)

Just a pity it was repainted some time in the 60's or 70's - a one owner 1930-83 original paint 30,000 miles Model A would have been something even more special..

story
rear
front

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 11:37 am:

Roger,

Sorry the pictures did not open for you ...

Like the addition of the sealed beam headlights,
the re-paint was a practical matter to keep his
Model A running ......

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 05:10 pm:

My Model A had sealed beams put in it by the original owner too. They were so old, they did not have the focusing nibs cast into them (still don't!) so when I was pulled into the "random vehicle inspection" line driving to town one day, the officer put his headlight aiming tool up to them, shook his head and then just stood back while I did low beam & high beam!
It now has original lenses & reflectors on it, but I've saved the conversion kit somewhere around here (I'm the second owner of my A)
Here's where she sat from 1954 to 1962
1961, first time moved

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration