OT - Art Smith the Amazing Life and Times of “The Comet” and His Baby Cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Art Smith the Amazing Life and Times of “The Comet” and His Baby Cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 07:34 am:

Art Smith built and flew his first airplane at the age of 15 years old in 1910!! He later went to a successful career as a stunt pilot.
Part of his flying routine and racing included a fleet of "Baby Cars" and drivers that we are covering today on The Old Motor.
See many photos and learn all about them @ http://theoldmotor.com/?p=119559

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 11:28 am:

Would like to see more of airplane in background. If that is what it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 11:58 am:

Gary, Here is a photo of a plane he was using at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition in 1915.

I don't know much about airplanes but it may be a Curtiss and it appears to have a Curtiss V-8 engine in it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 10:56 pm:

Thanks David. Sure looks like a Curtis Pusher. Back in my model airplane days (long, long ago) I made a couple from pictures.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration