Old Photo - Home Sweet Tent And A Ford In The Yard

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Home Sweet Tent And A Ford In The Yard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 10:54 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 01:01 pm:

I wonder why they camped in a tent in town where there were houses nearby? Or would that be a tent "Revival meeting?"
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 01:03 pm:

It's big enough for a garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 01:51 pm:

Its there living quarters while they build there new home, or there's relative's coming to visit.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 02:30 pm:

That looks a lot like the Liepelt's setup at Greenfield Village during the Old Car Festival.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 02:31 pm:

Maybe his mother inlaw is coming to visit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 02:38 pm:

Tom - Yes it kinda looks like Liepelt's setup, but theirs is a trailer type camper and this looks like is it just a tent. I see it also has a chimney, quite likely for a wood burner.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 07:41 pm:

Ground is wet I wonder if the tent is what they were living in while waiting for their house to be completed My dad told me they sometimes did that in small towns in the day?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

Deer Camp!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 10:25 pm:

I think James got it right.
They will live there until mother-in-law goes home.
Then it's back to the house.

Would be interesting to know what the story was.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration