Looking for a rear axle.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Looking for a rear axle.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 12:10 pm:

All the vendors seems be back ordered on the longer (1/16th inch) rear axles. Any of you guys happen to have one in stock?

Please PM me.

Thanks!

Michael.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 01:34 pm:

If your existing axles are otherwise good - I had success by pushing the gear back, widening the slot the keepers ride in (by about 1/8" in my case) and then pushing the gear back. The gear holds the keepers in position. Needed more spacers between the axle ends but found quarters work quite well. Have been running these axles in my speedster for probably 10 years now. It was a "make do" at the time because I don't believe the longer axles were available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 02:07 pm:

Nothing is more permanent than a "quick fix" that works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 02:20 pm:

We have the standard length in stock, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 04:20 pm:

Hi From Iowa! I purchased the last two sets I needed from Layne mnf in Kansas City (the same co that makes the KC-Warford trany I also love). I hope they will continue supplying them because they are very good and they may need encouragement to keep supplying them? Good Luck John

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration