Truck Bed Canvas Cover - Does Anyone Make Them? .... For Steve Elliott

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Truck Bed Canvas Cover - Does Anyone Make Them? .... For Steve Elliott
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 02:06 pm:

Steve Elliott sent this photo to me to post for him. I didn't see a thread already so this is a new one.

Steve wants to know if anyone is selling or making the supported covers for the TT truck bed. I'm not sure what they're called.

Truck Bed Cover

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 06:39 pm:

Ken
The picture appears to be a T trailer with a cover, I can see a straight rear axel and it looks like hard rubber tires. It is an interesting cover. The picture looks like there has been some photo shop dune to it.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 06:59 pm:

Yes, it's a trailer but he wants one for a truck. The picture, I believe, came from a TV screen. I cropped it and sharpened it a little so the edges aren't really natural. Keen eye Bob but not really relevant. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 07:18 pm:

Actually, I think it is a truck with chain drive. Looks like another hub in front of the wheel.

<drift>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 07:28 pm:

Check with your local marine upholstery shop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 07:31 pm:

Perhaps a visit to one of the military surplus sites on the internet would net some results for a canvas cover. They show them once in a while for the small trailer that they tow behind Jeeps.
Also a sail maker, canvas maker for tractor trailers, or an awning shop should be able to make a cover. I think the bows could be made from pipe or conduit. I did a covered wagon one time for a display and used PVC conduit and attached a canvas painters drop cloth. I used a heavy seneu thread and stitched around the conduit and gathered the ends and sewed them to look pleated. Like I stated mine was only a static display and more detailed work would be required to make it road worthy and metal conduit instead of PVC would be recommended..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 09:17 am:

Truck with a chain drive, on the series Masterpiece Classic, PBS , lots of T's and period auto's and clothing. Now I'm stuck on watching these series . Diff entry going to figure out the canvas top and make the railing out of conduit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 07:05 pm:

surprising number of T's on the BBC program Mr Selfridge - guess he was American but he seems to get around mostly in a Renault.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration