30 X 3 1/2 non clincher tire

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 30 X 3 1/2 non clincher tire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 10:53 pm:

A friend has a rim that takes the non clincher 30 X 3 1/2 tire. Does anyone know who might supplier such a tire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 11:29 pm:

There was a discussion a year or so back with pics. I think most were made in South America and don't believe anyone is making any now--or at least not sending any to the US. I've got a set of NOS Puma's mounted, but haven't put them on anything to try them yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 11:32 pm:

Call Coker and see if he can get a straight side tire. I have a friend who has them on his touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 11:34 pm:

I believe these are "straight side" 30 x 3.5:

http://www.cokertire.com/30x3-1-2-ss-excelsior-ss-wired-on-blk.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 09:56 am:

Ouch on that price! This is for his spare tire so I think we will find a clincher rim and a good tire to take care of the problem for now and save some headaches later if the tire needs replacing. Now if all 5 rims were that same type, that would be a different story.
Thanks
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Bollo - Argentina on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 10:35 am:

At February of 2012, this issue was discussed in this post: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/264646.html?1328401801
In Argentina, we have a tires factory that produce 30 x 3 1/2 straight side yet . The cost is about U$S 140 without shipping. Is a ugly tire for mud (all terrain) and, years ago, with bad quality.
In Argentina, all the model T run with straight side. Local factories of Firestone, Universal and others brands did produce, many years ago, 30 x 3 1/2 with straight side. In Uruguay, FUNSA, a local tire factory, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 10:54 am:

I have 2 new Coker ss 30 x 3 1/2 tires still wrapped in my trailer, they have been in the dark in my shop for several yrs, also have the straight sided split rims they mount on. I'll take 230.00 for tires and rims ea=460.00 plus ins and UPS danuser88@ktis.net

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration