Original style Rocky Mountain brake adjustment.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Original style Rocky Mountain brake adjustment.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nigel Hugo on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 06:12 am:

Please can someone explain what is the correct position for the eyebolt that contols the slack position of the adjustable band clamping rod on these brakes. It can be adjusted about 1" vertically. I can get them to work brilliantly in reverse, but going forwards they require heavy pedal pressure and I am suspicious this is due to incorrect adjustment. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Nigel Hugo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 06:32 am:

Nigel, if you would post pictures of your brakes it would be much easier for folks on the board to trouble-shoot your issue. Just make sure you size the photos down to 192K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 08:29 am:

"Work brilliantly in reverse" isn't a common phrase used with Rocky Mountain brakes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 09:46 am:

If it's a set of original type RM that has the the anchor point in the back, then yes they should work in reverse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 10:14 am:

I have genuine original Rocky Mountain brakes on all of my T's, and I have mine set at the bottom of the slot. I also have a flat washer between the eye bolt and the spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 11:21 am:

I just got an email from Nigel, and it appears he has the first design reproduction Rockies.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration