Camshaft

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Camshaft
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Hughes on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 09:19 am:

Good morning all,
I removed the camshaft from my car yesterday and need some help on checking the wear to order the correct size bearings. The Model T Service Book paragraph 478 indicates the diameter of the bearings on the shaft is .748. Is that the size the shaft should be where the bearings go?

Hope I explained that right. Thanks in advance for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 01:19 pm:

Rob,

I believe that .748 would be the shaft diameter, when new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

And one would use an "off the shelf" .750 reamer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration