I NEED POSITIVE ID. ON THIS MODEL, AND POSSIBLE VALUE.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: I NEED POSITIVE ID. ON THIS MODEL, AND POSSIBLE VALUE.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KRISTY GRANT on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 06:29 am:

I AM JUST NEEDING TO KNOW WHAT I GOT. AND A POSSIBLE PRICE ON IT. SO IF SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL. AND I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.OLD FORDOLD FORD1OLD FORD2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 06:46 am:

To me, it looks like you have a rusted 1926/7 Roadster /Pickup cowl, windscreen uprights, doors and seat tub area valued at very little.Who knows what engine is under the covers but would suggest it would be of no interest to genuine Model T folk. Sorry :-(
Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 07:07 am:

I bought the front part of a 26/27 roadster body in slightly better condition for $800 a few years ago, prices are likely about the same now?

The rear subframe was cut on mine too, had to search for a while until I found one.

Looks like a pick up box too, might be 25 or early 26? (don't know about Model A boxes)
I bought a late 1926/27 pick up box in good unrusted condition for $350 on ebay a couple of years ago.

The roof part may come from a 1924-27 TT C-cab, but it may have been cut in the lower part to fit to the 26/27 body which lowers its value. I don't want to try price it since I've never been looking for C-cab parts.

Prices may vary depending on where they are and local demand - shipping is expensive.

Can't tell where the chassis originates? 1950's pick up truck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 07:11 am:

I would start at $500 and take whatever they offer you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 07:58 am:

Its a mis mash of everything. Leave and let nature take its course

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 08:40 am:

Maybe one good door on that wreck. Let it rot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 08:56 am:

Wow, its a extremely rare special modified Model
T roadster pickup body with an evern more rare special rodent rod frame and special modified bed. I'll bet the local Ford dealer will give you a new car for it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 09:02 am:

I suspect Kristy is looking at cleaning up the yard and wants it gone. If so, I'd post pictures of the wheels on some hot rod site and offer them cheap, say $100 for the lot. Advertise the T parts on T sites, also cheap. Ditto the chassis, if she can find out what it is. All on a you-pick-up basis. Eyesore gone, and a little cash in pocket instead of paying to have it hauled off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 09:31 am:

Looks to me somebody tried to make a 'round round' car out of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 09:33 am:

The windshield stantions are worth $100 or more, the doors are worth at least $100 each depending on how rusty the bottom edge is. The body tub is worth a couple hundred. I'd try to sell the body tub for 2-350, take a look at what the engine is under the plastic and try to get a couple hundred for the chassis. Or maybe just get somebody to haul it off. But there is probably at least some value to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 09:36 am:

Nothin' wrong with those fat rims in the back either! Might be a Ford 9" rear end under there. All kinds of potential goodies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 10:18 am:

5 lug wheels on the front so it isn't a Chevy frame. Maybe Ford F1?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 03:30 pm:

Hmmm, might have been one of Johnny Cash's cars. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 04:28 pm:

A hot rod project that never got beyond the part collecting stage, I think.

Here's a couple '26 roadster bodies in similar (or worse?) condition that has been for sale for some time for $900/each:
http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135008

Here's a more complete one that actually sold:
http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134137

Even badly rusted or incomplete parts for '26/'27 open cars has a market if the price is considered right by someone..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-1927-FORD-ROADSTER-TOURING-DOOR-SCTA-RAT-ROD-JALOPY -STREET-HOT-CUSTOM-36-35-/151253465636
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-27-Ford-Model-T-Roadster-Complete-Body-Sub-Frame-pi ckup-touring-hot-rod-rat-/231208540938
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-1927-model-t-roadster-quarter-panel-side-panel-patc h-panel-sheet-metal-nice-/121308861344

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration