OT. 1910 Maxwell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT. 1910 Maxwell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 03:19 pm:

A person that I worked the voting poles with, sent a photo of his Grandfather aunt and mother in a Maxwell in 1910. He wrote,

Charley Peterson is behind the wheel. My momís sister is in the middle and my mom is on the outside. My mom was 5 years old, and this picture was taken in 1910. My grandfather bought the car new in Lexington, Nebraska. He lived in Gothenburg, Nebraska. Gothenburg is about 40 miles east of North Platte, and about 250 miles west of Omaha on I-80.

I just thought it would be enjoyed by all.maxwell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 03:56 pm:

Mighty right, Bruce. Thanks for posting. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 04:07 pm:

it is a 2 cyl. nice !!charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 06:26 pm:

My great uncle emigrated from Canada to the USA and worked at Maxwell about the time this car was built. He later went to work at Chalmers where they used something similar to natural gas to power the engines while inside the factory. He remembered getting pretty light headed setting the valve tappets. Guess the ventilation left something to be desired.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration