Becky's Yellow 1911 with first loving cup.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Becky's Yellow 1911 with first loving cup.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 03:41 pm:

Becky's Yellow T wins a Corinthian Award at Keels Wheels Concours D'Elegance Lakewood Yacht Club Seabrook Texas.
Becky's little yellow T was still being cleaned as it headed to it first outing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 03:48 pm:

Becky's Yellow T, with Don Sable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 04:07 pm:

Fantastic finish & Great engineering to conceal all that modern stuff ;)

Here are a couple previous threads from the build:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/361135.html?1376104952
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/376083.html?1376843046

Now, where's Becky? Does she like to drive her little yellow T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 04:36 pm:

Becky love's to drive her Yellow T around town this morning she drove it to Home Depot to pick up flowers, but she said she was ready for the 14 pickup to be finished so she could carry more stuff.
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

That was a clever idea to integrate the brake rotor with the speedo gear. Did Don fabricate that setup? He was still considering the various options for front brakes when I was there last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Georgetown Ontario Canada on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

Beautiful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 05:38 pm:

Hi Mike! Yes Don did the fab work, he also totally re-machined a new front axle from scratch and machined new spindles, since you last saw the car.
Hey Mike it was nice to see you at the swap meet.
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 08:27 pm:

Very nice! Easy to find within a group of black Model T's too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 01:55 am:

Charles,Thanks for the update. I followed all the build threads and really enjoyed them. I particularly like that combined speedo drive/front disc assembly. Very nice. Could you post a few pics of the finished engine bay and also one with the top up?
Thanks and congratulations to the lucky Becky on owning such a lovely car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 02:26 am:

Ok who is Becky again?? and why the big secret?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 05:40 am:

Wait, Is that axle machined from solid? Amazing car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 08:15 am:

I'm beginning to think Becky is a he, sortof like Samuel Clemens was Mark Twain. Why is Don holding the trophy? Where did Becky go?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 08:23 am:

I was wondering what happened to this great project, thanks for the update and congratulations on the trophy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 09:34 am:

Beautiful

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 09:56 am:

Front disc brake set-up is truly brilliant. Lovely car; well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 10:49 am:

These are some of the pictures taken before the new front suspension was machined.
New spindles 9 degree inwards
2 degree camber
5 degree caster
same degree or close to Model A

Front Axle, changed from 0 degree to 9 degree while retaining 2 degree positive camber.
No driving shimmy or shake and no backup flop or forward flop on road test.
Dual master cylinders for independent front and rear brake systems, plus emergency brake manual system. Stops straight and true.
I'll post the new axle and spindle picture as soon as I can find the other camera. The machine work Don did was amazing and assembly was done on a jig that weighed about 200 Lb's to keep every thing in line for boring.
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 11:09 am:

How do you remove the brass plate to lift the mat and floorboards?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 12:10 pm:

Becky Is real lady, she also has a early MG TD, so she is a real enthusiast.
On the car, the geometry of the front axle has been modified to much more modern specifications, so the car steers correctly driven forwards or backwards. The finish on this speedster is absolutely first class, beautiful machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 02:16 pm:

To remove the two piece pedal plate you remove 16 flat headed brass machine screws.
(Electric Screwdriver)
New floor mat is on order, this one will be replaced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky Sable on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 06:40 pm:

I am Becky and I just didn't happen to be there when the photos were taken. My husband, Don, and has Don a wonderful job restoring this car as a birthday present to me. Charles has done an amazing job painting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 08:33 pm:

Front spindles, and some mini bikes to haul in the 1914 pickup bed for grand kids to ride, that Don is restoring.
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 11:31 pm:

Don can't take all the credit, he was assisted by White Zin. :-)

Seriously, that's some great machine work. Good going, Don!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 01:56 am:

My grandson, Kyle, on his own, also came up with the concept of integrating the speedometer gear with the disc brake. He's been making sketches and I am sure he will be pleased to see how someone has put his idea, and their's of course, to practice.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration