Lost a friend....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Lost a friend....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Hycner on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 08:53 pm:

Recently lost a friend, Walt Pazda from western New York. He was a great guy and an avid Model T & A collector. Walt retired about 25 years ago and got the car bug real bad. Since then he amassed a collection of over 25 T's & A's with a few other cars in the mix to keep it interesting. Last fall Walt mentioned his great grand daughter took a video of him for a class project. She posted it on YouTube and it really shows his passion for collecting and restoring a car from a pile of parts. It's a great tribute to Walt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F_wJtIgfG4
If you take the time to watch the video, leave a comment on Walt, the family would appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 09:07 pm:

I posted a comment. Clearly someone who was "one of us."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 09:51 pm:

That was a very touching video.My feelings go out to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

Every time an old man dies, a library burns to the ground.
- old African proverb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 10:08 pm:

Dan nailed it. I thought of that very saying a few years ago when Vic Labantschnig - "Mr. Model T" in St. Louis - died at the age of 99.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

If he didn't live 10 years longer because of working on all those cars he probably got around better and was more active and lived a better life than if he'd done nothing.
I wish I could have been his next door neighbor the last 25 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

Though I only knew him for a few minutes from a very short video, I found him to be an inspiration. Rest in God's arms Walter.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration