Spring?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Spring?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 10:28 pm:

It has been one long miserable winter but tonight we will not have a fire!!!!!! I hope i can sleep without the humm of the corn stove! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 10:34 pm:

Long and miserable is being kind to this past winter. I finally let my stove go out about the 3rd week of April. I am quite a bit south of you here in NW Ohio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 10:38 pm:

Had the furnace kick on here a few times. Fishing opener is this Saturday. North of here the folks will be fishing and pushing ice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 11:28 pm:

Tuesday evening last week I had my last fire of the season in the kitchen stove. By Sunday we were having temperatures near 100. That's life on the Great Plains. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 12:14 am:

It still feels like the end of March, here on Long Island. Today, we had a cold, pinprick drizzle that lasted all day and well into the night. Everything feels soggy and clammy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 10:07 am:

I wonder how long our economy will be able to absorb all the weather damage and floods before it really starts to hinder everybody's lifestyle, and not just those directly affected?

I just saw an old tsunami map for this area, and there will be flooding on three sides of Gene's house and my house. We're at 25 feet ASL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 10:44 am:

Some folks here in the Northwest complain about all the rain we have (broke several records this year) but I always remind them that our weather doesn't kill people.

Still... Spring will be here next week! (according to our often wrong weather guesser)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 11:02 am:

Here in the Califunny Sierras, we have about 2% of normal snowpack and where I live, about 66% normal rainfall. 80's and 90's predicted for next 2 weeks. Probably will be rationing water this summer. Feast or famine everywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 12:13 pm:

John,

Ever wonder how a person most always wrong can keep their job? I wonder if any of our so called prognosticators ever keep their accuracy percentages? I listen to their forecasts and expect the exact opposite and that usually works.

With all the millions the gvt spends on new fangled do dads to forecast the weather, it seems the Farmers Almanac, is far more accurate. Take for instance the almanac forecast the coldest winter n 100 years in the east and they were spot on. The National weather service missed it by a landslide.

just sayi'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

Brass car guy : I love it when the hurricane centre predicts a disastrous season and then has to modify the predictions 1/3 the way through the season......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 02:15 pm:

Maybe the poles have shifted. Here in California, we have been having fall weather this spring. It has been hot and windy, with the wind coming from the northeast. Usually this time of year the wind blows in from the ocean and it is cloudy and sometimes we get showers. We are expecting some 90 degree weather next week. Even during the winter this year we have only used a fire for about 2 weeks off and on with warm dry periods in January, but some rain in February.

So I am thinking the east is farther to the north pole and the west is toward the equator?

Seems that way anyhow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 02:59 pm:

brasscarguy

Yes I have often wondered the same thing.

I also realized I was wrong about our weather. How could I have forgotten the recent Oso mudslide? Our weather does kill people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 03:18 pm:

I've had fires in the woodstove here in northern WI for the last few days. Nothing better than a good fire in the stove to dry the place out and get rid of that damp, moldy feeling from months of rotten weather. Nothing warms you to the bones like a blazing woodstove.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration