Model T in front of a shanty or a camping tent-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Model T in front of a shanty or a camping tent-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 08:50 am:

It looks like they are in the woods, but too much effort for this to be a temporary campsite.
What do you think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 09:39 am:

Summer cabin at the lake or beach. Looks like fog in the background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 10:14 am:

Must be fairly early. Still has a '13 style crank handle. Look at the tire tread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 10:20 am:

must be a high crime area-the spare tires are locked up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 12:34 pm:

First of all, Thank you Herb for posting this picture and many others, I really enjoy them. One thing that amazes me, is the women and some of the life situations they are pictured therein. They must have been some pretty tough ole gals. Seems I'm looking in the wrong places, if the women I meet today will even talk to me about camping, they are envisioning a night in a bad Holiday Inn...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 12:42 pm:

Thanks Wes. I'm glad you like the photos. It's good to get some feedback.
I'm still unsure about this photo. It's not much of a cabin and not even a tent either?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 12:50 pm:

those headlamps have bulbs in them ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 12:58 pm:

The original tourist jip joint

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 01:14 pm:

Almost looks like a "country store".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 03:59 pm:

Early 7-11 store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 04:20 pm:

The model T has brass head lamps. Also, looks like a 13.....our 13 also has brass head lamps. The driver has coat & tie.....dressed for camping?
Thanks Herb for posting this neat picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 04:34 pm:

The driver is the owner of the "store"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 04:59 pm:

It can't be the start of wall mart because there would people in their pajamas!! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 06:00 pm:

Looks to me like it is a cook camp setup for a short term crew in working in the woods, harvesting, etc. Notice the wash basin, towel, mirror, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

Or;

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 02:48 am:

The windscreen looks like it has doglegs in the stay rods to allow the top screen to fold backwards, 1914 ish? The electric conversions in the gas lights look really neat.

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration